To all you veterans out there, I salute you

I'll pass on the free meal. I appreciate the gesture but I make big $$$ thanks to the training and experience I gained during my four. Now many moons ago as a lowly E-4 I got stuck in NYC during Thanksgiving and partook of a fine free Turkey Dinner that was either at the USO or Cardinal Spellman's.

I did not take advantage of the privilege to serve--straight off to college, but my father and several uncles and cousins did--sometimes I regret it, but I do and always will respect and honor you that have--thank you for your service.!!!

I really don´t understand the big deal with being in the military. Millions have "served".

It was just a job to me, for four years. It´s not 1944 anymore.

I really don´t understand the big deal with being in the military. Millions have "served".

It was just a job to me, for four years. It´s not 1944 anymore.

When you put your life on the line...that's the "big deal"! Not many other jobs do that, save enforcement.

May not be "1994 anymore" but there's thousands of families of The Fallen since then who would disagree with you... today.

Q

Last edited:
I enjoyed my time and would do it again with no hesitation. (4 years USN; cryptographic repair) In my case it was no 'Band of Brothers' and I was never in direct danger, but I went where I was ordered and did my job to the best of my ability. I appreciate the gestures I've received over the years but I don't feel entitled to anything more than what my contract stated. I'm confident that everything that I've learned/experienced in uniform has been of immeasurable value in my life and have nothing but positive thoughts about my enlistment.

Back
Top Bottom