Todays 70's-80's Punk,post punk, new wave, alternative playlist

treserious

Post Punk Junkie
Well, seeing all the playlist threads, I thought it would be fun to get one going based on my preferred genres.

this is largely inspired by this discussion.

C'mon you punks, lets see what you're spinning.

On today's playlist I have

Bauhaus - Go away white. this is their '08 release, but I feel it counts as they are IMO one of the most important bands of the early 80's. and this new release is quite good.
Cabaret Voltaire - nag nag nag single
Tones on Tail - the album pop
joe jackson - I'm the man
fad gadget - incontinent

This is from the 90's but I couldn't find a better thread to post it in.

BUTTHOLE SURFERS~Independent Worm Saloon

Butthole_Surfers_Independent_Worm_Saloon.jpg

PIL on a Thorens 124? Nice! WOW, I remember walking into the store to buy that LP on the day it was released (I should say "the day it was released as an import in Tampa, Florida). My circle of friends were all Sex Pistols fans...or at least respected the Pistols...and we were all VERY curious about how this new Lydon venture was going to sound. About 6 of us crowded into a friend's house and we fired it up. Great stuff!

I've been purchasing in these genres lately.

I Just got:
1. the box set "The Life and Times of Jeffry Lee Pierce and the Gun Club"
2. Cruzados' first lp
3. Minutemen "Double Nickels..."
4. The Weirdos "Weird World"
5. The Blasters

All great stuff...

Not a lot of action in this forum, maybe b/c not all of this type music has great sound quality, some might surprise, though.

Tindersticks.
"The Hungry Saw"

This is whiskey drinking music...maybe too early in the morning for this, but I love it.

Luna- Puptent.

Just found it on vinyl this morning. After that it will be Tindersticks, falling down a mountain, the Mazzy Star- So Tonight That I Might See. All from my morning record-run. I love living within walking distance of a record store!

I spun REM ~ Life's Rich Pageant earlier. Might put on some Siouxie and the Banshees or Mazzy Star in a bit.

Luna- Puptent.

Just found it on vinyl this morning. After that it will be Tindersticks, falling down a mountain, the Mazzy Star- So Tonight That I Might See. All from my morning record-run. I love living within walking distance of a record store!

Is that the new reissue of "So Tonight..."? My copy sounds fantastic. I still haven't opened "Among My Swan."

I spun REM ~ Life's Rich Pageant earlier. Might put on some Siouxie and the Banshees or Mazzy Star in a bit.

Is that the new reissue of "So Tonight..."? My copy sounds fantastic. I still haven't opened "Among My Swan."

Yep, fresh off the press(ers). I'm listening to it right now...and you're right...it sounds fantastic. Drop-dead silent between tracks. Among My Swan is still at work (which is across the street, I suppose I could go get it)..I ordered it from Elusive Disc, it came in the mail, and then today I saw it at the record store for less than I paid even before shipping. Oh well, better safe than sorry as I was afraid it would go out of print quickly.

REM sounds like a good idea. I could go for some Cuyahoga right about now.

Back
Top Bottom