Todays 70's-80's Punk,post punk, new wave, alternative playlist

I don't have too many heroes in the music business. And I wonder if they had any idea how massively huge they were gonna be. I think some kids in the Sixties felt ripped off cuz they grew up thinking they were gonna have their own "Sixties" but ended up with the Seventies instead. They were even cooler than the New York bands cuz they had a light touch, surf guitar, and girls who looked like Gidget.

And of course this "rootsy" video reminds me of this -

I don't have too many heroes in the music business. And I wonder if they had any idea how massively huge they were gonna be. I think some kids in the Sixties felt ripped off cuz they grew up thinking they were gonna have their own "Sixties" but ended up with the Seventies instead. They were even cooler than the New York bands cuz they had a light touch, surf guitar, and girls who looked like Gidget.

And of course this "rootsy" video reminds me of this -

Ricky Wilson was under rated IMHO. Even in this early version of the song he's sounding like Peter Hook. His performance on 53 Miles West of Venus rates highly for me for guitar captured on tape, there's a little bit of menace behind the bop.

They were great.

Back
Top Bottom