Today's AMERICANA playlist.

>>first post here at Americana, howdy<<

Neko Case and Her Boyfriends: "Furnace Room Lullaby"

014.jpg

Last edited:
Her joyful singing must be contagious. I would love to see her live.
I've seen her at least a couple of times, and they were all great shows. I met her after one of them, and she seemed like a really genuine person.

Going on memory here, but I think I might have a recording of her at the blues fest here among my CBC FM 'archives'.

BBG, I highly recommend going to see Marcia Ball, her band is tight & her rollicking piano playing is infectious indeed. Around 20 years ago my wife & I went to see Marcia with another couple on a Blues Cruise out of the South Street Seaport. My friend & I are relaxing with a couple of brews as the band is warming up when Jeff, my buddy, looks over my shoulder & asks, "What are our wives doing on stage with Marcia Ball?" Sure enough, there were our two ladies chatting away with Long Tall Marcia Ball.
Apparently on their way back to join us they started talking with Marcia. About what you may ask? Shoes! What else? Marcia had done some shopping while in NYC and the wives were complimenting her on the purchases.

upload_2017-1-24_15-14-11.jpeg Hadn't played this one in a while & certainly one of the odder pairings in American music but it works rather well. Just a fun record.
upload_2017-1-24_15-16-13.jpeg 2 very good songs on this one, the rest fell into the sad & mellow catagory, not what I was in the mood for.

The Mavericks: Trampoline
upload_2017-4-28_7-42-53.jpeg I bought a few of their cds in Barter Town, never got around to listening to them. Dropped this one in last night, very impressive! I hear some Los Lobos & Byrds influences, which in my mind is a very good thing. Glad I have 2 more to spin in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom