Today's AMERICANA playlist.

VTiv61P.png

ta5x.jpg

AVALON BLUES
A Tribute to the Music of Mississippi John Hurt
Mississippi John Hurt
Chris Smither, Bruce Cockburn, Lucinda Williams, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Justin Townes Earle / Steve Earle, Dave Alvin / Peter Case, Ben Harper, Geoff Muldaur / Clare Muldaur / Jenni Muldaur, Mark Selby, Beck, Victoria Williams, Bill Morrissey, Taj Mahal, Gillian Welch / David Rawlings, John Hiatt

Vanguard

Buddy Miller-Cayamo Sessions at Sea,
Buddy Miller-Majestic Silver Strings,
Both very good examples of Buddy playing with friends covering a range of styles and covers then in a great ensemble recording with aces Marc Ribot, Bill Frisell and Greg Leisz.

Didn't know anything about this guy or his music, or that he's from Idaho, until I found this record at a thrift store yesterday( weird since it was released last year and sealed :idea:).
I'm digging it! Have been listening to more of his music on youtube too.

IMG_0774.JPG

P7089045.jpg

BLUE COUNTRY HEART
Jorma Kaukonen - guitar, vocals
The Nashville All-Stars
Sam Bush – mandolin, fiddle, background vocals
Jerry Douglas – dobro, weissenborn
Byron House – bass, background vocals
Béla Fleck – banjo​

Columbia

Didn't know anything about this guy or his music, or that he's from Idaho, until I found this record at a thrift store yesterday( weird since it was released last year and sealed :idea:).
I'm digging it! Have been listening to more of his music on youtube too.

Josh Ritter is great. Hello Starling is his best album, followed possibly by So Runs the World Away (and several others). See him live with full band for a great, joyful concert. He's really terrific in person.

Back
Top Bottom