My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

40434403072_58b28d302d_o.jpg

39767212104_8b382cba7a_o.jpg

BMW Audiophile Demonstration Disc

Various Artists

1995 Chesky BMW95

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

40434403072_58b28d302d_o.jpg
I have all of those, as well. Makes you wonder why Livingston isn't the more famous of the Taylor brothers. More people are aware of James and Carly's son, Ben, than James' brother Livingston. I first heard him back in about 1970 and always thought he needed less autotune than big brother James. Not that I don't enjoy both . . . or all three including Ben.

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (MFSL, SACD)

DR = 15

UDSACD2099-2.jpg

Recently bought this, highly recommended. The SQ is exceptional imo. :music:
Dire straights are all exceptional recordings and I and I'm sure many others use this as a benchmark also Steely Dan. I spent 3 times the regular price back in the 70s for much of my L.P. collection so I could track at 1/2 a gram on tone arm. I still have all of those and still enjoy them regularly. I have bought one or two new records but they seem to be a different animal very thin and cheap. I will seek out old examples in the future. It seems that if I want a particular artist or album I can find them in vintage but far higher dollar figure these days...sigh : [

I have never heard an SACD but that would be the one I'd want to hear first. By far my favourite Floyd album
I think also my favorite but there all top shelf. Welcome to the machine is the song that is always at a higher than any one should listen to volume in my listening room! I think the majority of fans tend to lean the same! ; )

Back
Top Bottom