Today's Bluegrass Playlist

CLB3

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I love many, many genres of music, but at the top of my list is Bluegrass. It may have something to do with the fact that I was born in KY and live in NC. Anyway, regardless of whatever else I listen to on any given day some Bluegrass will certainly find its way into the mix! Now, I know that I am not the only bluegrass fan out there. So, what are you listening to?

My selections of the day:
Dan Tymnski - Carry Me Across The Mountain
The Tony Rice Unit - Manzanita

Apparently I was wrong...LOL! FWIW today's selection was Hot Rize's Untold Stories.

Found two 'Second Generation' albums today. Rather obscure group with Eddie and Martha Adcock that broke ground in the 1970's with their style of 'new grass', mixing jazz and blues.

As a plus it has the oddest cover art of any bluegrass album I have seen.

II Generation - Head Cleaner
Rebel Records

IMG_2135.JPG

Last edited:
SD_coverFINAL51-1024x1024.jpg

Chris Stapleton's voice is just fantastic. As his solo career progresses I hope he doesn't go too mainstream country. His first solo album, Traveller, is excellent. I believe I will listen to that next!

I went to high school with several of the guys who formed "The Johnson Mountain Boys". I like their first album quite a bit. Eddie Stubbs and Eddie D'Zmura have both autographed copies of the first record for me. If the Seldon Scene play nearby, perhaps Dudley Connell will sign too!

Back
Top Bottom