Today's Blues Playlist

Stevie Ray Vaughan - MTV Unplugged

I remember pointing the big old dish at whatever satellite MTV was on, and watching this one when it aired.
Damn, I'm getting old.:eek:

That kind of talent is INSANE. I played in a Rock band (Keyboards) and for a while in a Jazz band, but didn't have the chops for Jazz as much as I wished I did. I saw some amazing talent live when I was playing. And I have been to Jazz clubs viewing Jazz and Blues live for a long time. But THIS kind of raw talent puts my jaw on the floor. Because I realize that no matter HOW MUCH or HOW HARD I practice, I'd NEVER get to that level.

Thanks for the post, Kris.

Go ahead @fuzzywobbles ! You're killing me with all the Lux gear.

giphy.gif

Go ahead @fuzzywobbles ! You're killing me with all the Lux gear.

giphy.gif
:rflmao:

I didn't even notice it.
So much great gear gets posted in playlist threads. It's easy to just look past them.
My attention in that pic went to the album cover. My dad had/has that one, and it always seemed to stand out to me as a kid.

I don't really have first hand experience with Luxman stuff, but those pieces look fabulous.

Back to the music.
I gave Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live At Carnegie Hall a spin yesterday while driving around. I haven't listened to it in ages, but dayum was he on that night.
The speakers (for now) kinda suck in my truck, so I'm thinking of doing a replay at home soon.

I also got to thinking after looking at the cover; why is it that when a guitar is in the pic, it's not #1?

Back
Top Bottom