Today's Blues Playlist

Stevie Ray Vaughan - MTV Unplugged

I remember pointing the big old dish at whatever satellite MTV was on, and watching this one when it aired.
Damn, I'm getting old.:eek:

That kind of talent is INSANE. I played in a Rock band (Keyboards) and for a while in a Jazz band, but didn't have the chops for Jazz as much as I wished I did. I saw some amazing talent live when I was playing. And I have been to Jazz clubs viewing Jazz and Blues live for a long time. But THIS kind of raw talent puts my jaw on the floor. Because I realize that no matter HOW MUCH or HOW HARD I practice, I'd NEVER get to that level.

Thanks for the post, Kris.

Here is a classic with Stevie and Jimmy. To blatantly rip off a comment I saw posted on this video, “this should be the first thing you see when you walk into the R N R Hall Of Fame”.

Both these guys are in a whiole different category from mere mortal guitar players...

Here is a classic with Stevie and Jimmy. To blatantly rip off a comment I saw posted on this video, “this should be the first thing you see when you walk into the R N R Hall of Fame

Both these guys are in a whiole different category from mere mortal guitar players...
Is SRV in the HOF? Don't you tell me he isn't

That's great! I'm suprised about Jimmy but I love his work also. I've actually seen Jimmy a few times and meet him at the merch table. Never saw SRV live
I met Jimmie after a show once, too. Seemed like a cool guy.
Great show. He had Lou Ann Barton with him.

I never got to see SRV. Came close right before he died, but the travel time and a work commitment nixed it.
The closest I got was seeing Double Trouble back up Susan Tedeschi in her earlier years.

41396734904_a543a9fb6d_o.jpg

Folk Singer

Muddy Waters

1998 Classic (DVD-A) DAD 1020

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Back
Top Bottom