Today's Blues Playlist

Yes. Same album
Ah, good. I thought I was missing one!
I've got that CD.

Sort of on topic, but I bought Live In Lafayette on vinyl for my dad for Father's Day. No report on pressing quality/sound, but he was really impressed by how it was packaged.
I'll get a report soon hopefully, plus I plan on trying to fit in a listen to it when we go visit my folks this summer.

Also on topic, but if anyone here has the chance to see him live someday, just GO.

Also on topic, but if anyone here has the chance to see him live someday, just GO.
Yes. I've not seen him live but would if I had the chance. I do like the Cajun music in live shows. All ways fun. I have seen Beausoleil, Queen Ida and Katie Webster a few times. I wished I had a chance to see Professor Longhair. What a hoot that would have been.

Yes. I've not seen him live but would if I had the chance. I do like the Cajun music in live shows. All ways fun. I have seen Beausoleil, Queen Ida and Katie Webster a few times. I wished I had a chance to see Professor Longhair. What a hoot that would have been.
I've seen him a couple of times.
Once in 1996 and once in 2012(I think).

The 2nd time I was in the boarding area of the airport the day after the show, and he walked in. I met him, and then proceeded to listen to the airline staff tell him that his flight was going to be delayed by something like 8 hours because of a part being flown in for the plane he was booked on.
I went from, "how cool is this that I might be able to shoot the shit with him for awhile" to him getting the news, getting grumpy(and I don't blame him), and going back to his hotel.
Thanks for nothing Air Canada!:rflmao:

Fathers_and_Sons_cover.jpg

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

Otis Taylor
When Negroes Walked The Earth
Shoelace Records

pretty sure I posted this before. Otis Taylor has an unusual style, primitive rhythms with trippy guitars interwoven in. This release has OT on acoustic and electric guitar as well as banjo and mouth harp. Eddie Turner on lead guitar and Kenny Paasarelli on bass, no drums.

Back
Top Bottom