Today's Blues Playlist

Tell me about this one, it looks sweet. The LA scene of the last 40(?) years is waaaay under appreciated, IMO.
Any Dyer with Rick Holmstrom is gold if you ask me.

Surprisingly good. I got it as a "cutout" at Half-Price Books, I think. Looking at Discogs, it's kind of rare-ish, but there were a bunch for sale for $1 or whatever. I took a chance, not knowing if it was going to be schlock blues, but it's legit, and there was apparently a series of "scene" CD's (Nashville, Washington maybe-- they are Googleable). I would definitely get more of them if they were accessible.

I like comps, because they give me a taste/overview and then I can decide if I want to pursue individual artist catalogues.

GJ

44745781784_c3eea498a1_o.jpg

British Archives - Volume 1

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton,T.S. McPhee, Savoy Brown Blues Band, Jo-Ann Kelly and Stone's Masonry

1968/1970 RCA Victor LSP-4409(e)

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Surprisingly good. I got it as a "cutout" at Half-Price Books, I think. Looking at Discogs, it's kind of rare-ish, but there were a bunch for sale for $1 or whatever. I took a chance, not knowing if it was going to be schlock blues, but it's legit, and there was apparently a series of "scene" CD's (Nashville, Washington maybe-- they are Googleable). I would definitely get more of them if they were accessible.

I like comps, because they give me a taste/overview and then I can decide if I want to pursue individual artist catalogues.

GJ
It looks like it's got a solid lineup.
Tasby and Fletcher are(were?) a part of that Mannish Boys crew.

Back
Top Bottom