Today's Blues Playlist

I have a Burnside recording entitled "A Ass Pocket Of Wiskey". I had never heard of him and found the disc in a dollar bin somewhere. It turns out to be pretty darn good Blues with quite a bit of dirty lyrics. Well worth a dollar.....

Albert King-Live Wire/Blues Power (original Stax) Awesome album
-Derek:music:

I just scored one of those yesterday myself!!

Playing one of today's scores right now, "Love Me Mama", Luther Allison original Delmark.

But the big score today was the 2 LP set from the 1972 Ann Arbor Blues Festival on Atlantic. Excellent vinyl promo copy!!:thmbsp:

Attachments

• aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 12
Johnny Winter-Live at the North Theater November 7,2007 AWESOME!

I will elaborate on a separate thread.....

Probably ought to post this one under "Rock & Roll" playlist, but I'm puttin' it here to help keep this thread alive...

Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs, 1974 [MFSL]

Probably ought to post this one under "Rock & Roll" playlist, but I'm puttin' it here to help keep this thread alive...

Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs, 1974 [MFSL]

Excellent Album!! I think that could go here as well as rock and roll. Saw him live this past year, he seems to just keep getting better.:yes:

Johnny Winter-Nothin But The Blues, Circa 1978 this SUPER album is a good listen clean through every cut. Are there ANY artists today who produce stuff that is great all the way through?

I think this was Johnny getting back to the pure Blues after drifting somewhat through the 70's to a more Rock format.

Well, like I was saying before I so rudely knocked myself off the site before I was done.....I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that I saw Muddy Waters perform live back in about 1978 in Bettendorf, IA of all places, at a place called The Black Stallion (for those of you who might be from the area and old enough to remember). It was SRO and then some....we ended up sitting on the floor, in spilled beer and all.....but not ten feet from the man all evening....most memorable. Another great night spent there was with Luther Allison. It's really great to see folks like this up close and personal and you get a much better performance than in a "concert" setting for sure. AND, by the way, any of you interested might want to check out the website of the Mississippi Valley Blues Society at www.mvbs.org. We put on a hell of a three day blues fest every year around the weekend of the fourth of July and every night afterward at the Hotel where the musicians are staying is an all night jam by all the fest performers. You get another great relaxed atmosphere where you can meet and talk with the musicians all you like. It usually breaks up about 5 A.M. so get plenty of rest before you go.

Yep, Peter Green, original bass player for Fleetwood Mac I believe. Hell of a talent until someone slipped him some bad acid....never the same after that.

Back
Top Bottom