Today's British Invasion Playlist

That's right. There never would have been a Beau Brummels or a Knickerbockers if the British had not invaded and toppled Elvis from the throne of rock -

Feck, I always thought BBs were British:)

They had a British sounding name that positioned their records alphabetically right behind the Beatles in the record racks for teens to see when they're flipping through the first releases by that band. They had a great sound too. That three-chord reverb-tremolo riff they do in Just A Little is immortal. The liner notes of the original Nuggets told of how American kids would give their bands names like "The Four Coachmen" to get that Brit vibe. Good times.

Last edited:
That's quite a fine string of bands and numbers, and we'll let the Brummels of The Bay Area stand as honorary Brits. Heck, I was almost ready to hit the button @ a Paul Revere & The Raiders vid a day or so ago.

Now I gotta find s.t. to contribute...

That's quite a fine string of bands and numbers, and we'll let the Brummels of The Bay Area stand as honorary Brits. Heck, I was almost ready to hit the button @ a Paul Revere & The Raiders vid a day or so ago.

Now I gotta find s.t. to contribute...
I must say after reading about the Brummels, it seems most people did think they were British.
Great thread, and no Beatles necessary!

This thread reminds me that I had a copy of a guide to Britsh Invasion vinyl values (singles, EPs, and full LPs) that seems to have "gone missing", @ least from the bookcases @ the house. Maybe its included among the 20-ish boxes of books stashed in the basement?

Back
Top Bottom