Today's Canadian playlist...

_DSC1139.jpg

Max Webster
Universal Juviniles
Wow impressive, an american whos heard of Webster. Most canadians in my parts have never heard of them :thmbsp:

Ronnie Hawkins

Has anyone mentioned Ronnie Hawkins? He did that tune "Mary Lou" and was from Arkansas (I believe) but moved to Canada.

But let's not forget the Mynah Birds, an act signed to Motown, whose members included Rick James and Neil Young(!). They never made a recording, because when they came through the border in Detroit for their first session, Messr. James was busted for being AWOL from the (American) military.

After his stroke, he was in the Buffalo VA with my Old Man. They knew he was on his way to recovery when he asked to snort his medicine off the nurse's ass.*

*Stolen joke

Last edited:
Our Lady Peace - Naveed
Our_Lady_Peace_-_Naveed.jpg
Wikipedia image

Already played 4 Hip albums today, their 2nd through 5th...it's not Canada Day is it? lol

THC

Code:
fled there -- that would include Heart (or at least certain members thereof), wouldn't it?
I do believe the Wison sisters are from Vancouver and the rest of the band from seattle.

How about Carol Pope - High School Confidential.
or James Gang (when toronto musician Dominic Trianio played for them)

For whatever it's worth, my Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll states that the Wilson sisters were born in San Francisco.
Playing currently: Harvest- Neal Young. Next up, Ingénue- k.d. lang

Back
Top Bottom