Today's Canadian playlist...

43038860420_839c634bb8_o.jpg

Get Lucky

Loverboy

1981 Columbia FCT 37638

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Jeremy Dutcher -
Wolastoqiyik Lintuwakonawa

Young tenor singing his own original compositions in the exceedingly rare Maliseet tongue. Kind of a pre-Canadian playlist.

20180929_174726.jpg

I have an album credit on that one,check the liner notes.You will have heard my work (and my amplifiers) on most of their albums;)

You do too. Now there's only two degrees of separation between myself and GYBE. Would have been a great experience seeing and hearing this being recorded.

You do too. Now there's only two degrees of separation between myself and GYBE. Would have been a great experience seeing and hearing this being recorded.

I was at the original Hotel 2 Tango doing tech work very frequently back in the day,and was involved with the band during the period of their first three albums.

They would occasionally play shows at the Hotel,much to the consternation of the local authorities.We're talking huge quantities of people jammed into what was essentially a huge loft in an industrial building,accompanied by truly staggering (sans permit:rolleyes:) liquor sales.What a great room that was!!

While they rarely ever played many ''home'' shows,I did get to see them at Montreal's Olympia Theater,I'm guessing in the late 90's.Advertising was by word of mouth only,and I believe they sold out two or three shows (seating capacity approx 1300) within a couple of hours of the announcement.I only managed to get in by being on the guest list.What a show,an absolute f**king mindblower of an experience!!

While I am long retired from the music industry,I still see and hear from some of those folks occasionally.Howard (from the Hotel) picked up his Fisher 400 yesterday:)

Back
Top Bottom