Today's classical playlist

Mauricio Kagel - Acustica

150054600390.jpg

Beethoven - Symphony No. 4
From the DG box set
View attachment 1069202

Saw some discussion on this with others here, as those are re-issues of an earlier release pressed in 1975. I think this is the first pressing of that release.

The Karl Bohm box set must have been very popular in the day, as I have seen them so many times at thrift stores for .50 and have many copies of it myself to the point that I just leave them even if offered for free.

R-2593017-1312317462.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Ludwig van Beethoven - Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker ‎– 9 Symphonien
Label:
Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2721 055
Format:
8 × Vinyl, LP
Box Set, Album
Germany
Released:
Genre:
Classical
Style:
Romantic, Classical

WIN_20171219_20_51_05_Pro.jpg

Saw some discussion on this with others here, as those are re-issues of an earlier release pressed in 1975. I think this is the first pressing of that release.

The Karl Bohm box set must have been very popular in the day, as I have seen them so many times at thrift stores for .50 and have many copies of it myself to the point that I just leave them even if offered for free.

R-2593017-1312317462.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Ludwig van Beethoven - Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker ‎– 9 Symphonien
Label:
Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2721 055
Format:
8 × Vinyl, LP
Box Set, Album
Germany
Released:
Genre:
Classical
Style:
Romantic, Classical

View attachment 1069638
Hey Ken,
From what I can tell this is the 1st 1980 reissue, from what I can tell has a different cat. number. I am not a expert on all this, especially on a set that has been in print, again from I can surmise has been in print for 55 years. My copy seems to be the first issue to use the box cover that I have. I'm upstairs right now, but I think on the back of the box is where it said 1980. I paid $24.98 in the door for which so far, have been pristine with only on one scratch during the first part of Symphony No. 2 which resulted in 3 minutes of rotation clicks. All have had really good SQ. No. 5 is up next and if any of these are going to be worn to the point of having surface noise, I figure that #5 and #9 would be the more likely. Will find out in a few days. :) Only playing one Symphony every few days as to not get burnt out. Really enjoyed #4.

Last edited:
I am not quite sure if this is the right place to post that one. Would the World Music Playlist be better? Perhaps this has already become (contemporary) Classical music? Okay then...

John McLaughlin
Zakir Hussain
T.H. Vikku Vinayakram
Hariprasad Chauraisa

"Shakti"

2 CD Set, 1999, Verve

CD 1

Chandrakauns
The Wish
Lotus Feel

MI0004301150.jpg

Patrick Summers / Houston Grand Opera Orchestra / Houston Grand Opera Orchestra & Chorus
Heggie: It's a Wonderful Life

Release Date September 1, 2017
Duration02:06:36
Genre
Classical
Styles
Opera

I am not quite sure if this is the right place to post that one. Would the World Music Playlist be better? Perhaps this has already become (contemporary) Classical music? Okay then...

John McLaughlin
Zakir Hussain
T.H. Vikku Vinayakram
Hariprasad Chauraisa

"Shakti"

2 CD Set, 1999, Verve

CD 1

Chandrakauns
The Wish
Lotus Feel
Phenomenal outfit.....

Back