Today's classical playlist

MI0004456418.jpg

Janos Starker - Bach: Suites for Solo Cello/Sonatas In G and D Major (CD 1)

Cover.JPG
I'm not one to brag in any way, shape, or form but the lower register of Mr. Starker's cello sounds simply amazing coming out of the KLH 9154 floorstanders and Velodyne subs in my living room. I have to snicker at myself for almost having given up on a superb genre of music under the false belief that it contained "no bass." The irony is that I now sometimes enjoy the lower frequency ranges of recorded instruments more than I enjoy computer-/electronically generated bass - and that's coming from a hardcore hip-hop/house/electronic fan. After all, timpanis, violins, cellos, bassoons, and double (a.k.a. "upright") basses don't "boom." The sound quality of this recording is simply startling and I strongly recommend one giving it a listen. Whether you manage to buy it or simply borrow it, it is definitely a wonderful listening experience.

Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Last edited:
Telemann:

Suite for 2 Horns and Strings in D major, TV 55 no D 19: Wolfgang Basch (Trumpet), Albert Oesterle (Trumpet)
Suite for 2 Horns and Strings in F major, TV 55 no 63: Jan Schroeder (French Horn), Ab Koster (French Horn)
Suite for Trumpet, Strings and Basso Continuo in D major, TV 55 no 19: Wolfgang Basch (Trumpet)
Overture-Suite for 3 Trumpets, Bassoon, Strings and Basso continuo in D major, TV 55 no D 15: Wolfgang Basch (Trumpet), Otto Blasaditsch (Trumpet), Albert Oesterle (Trumpet)
German Bach Soloists
Helmut Winschermann

Concerto for Trumpet in D major, TV 51 no D 7 by Georg Philipp: Ludwig Güttler (trumpet)
Leipzig New Bach Collegium Musicum
Max Pommer

Laserlight CD

R-6231413-1414362359-5121.jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom