Today's classical playlist

index.php

Shostakovich - Piano Trios 1 & 2; Seven Romances
Beaux Arts Trio

I haven’t been posting for a while due to a “surprise” 12-day hospital stay for an antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection. Very nasty. I didn’t have earphones with me, so I couldn’t even listen to music on my iPhone. Happily, I did have my Kindle. I also had a TV in the hospital, and I watched Legally Blonde.

Anyways, my first listening choice now that I’m home is ...

Haydn: String Quartets Op. 33, Nos. 1-6

Auryn Quartet

Tacet 2-CD set, recorded 2008

Welcome back, Wossa. We missed you. Last spring, I had a cold (respiratory infection) for five (count them) 5 weeks! I had never had a cold for more than a few days, hence. I'm glad you had something to read, anyway.
There are only 140 movies in my permanent collection, but Legally Blonde is one of them.
If i knew where you were, and lived near-by, I would have hauled your stereo system in there with a handful of your dustiest records and some echinacea tincture. We hope you are ok now. Paul

Last edited:
I haven’t been posting for a while due to a “surprise” 12-day hospital stay for an antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection. Very nasty. I didn’t have earphones with me, so I couldn’t even listen to music on my iPhone. Happily, I did have my Kindle. I also had a TV in the hospital, and I watched Legally Blonde.

Auryn Quartet

Yeah, welcome back....antibiotic resistance a growing problem....I lost a couple of friends recently for infections following fairly minor surgery.

Yeah, welcome back....antibiotic resistance a growing problem....I lost a couple of friends recently for infections following fairly minor surgery.

When I was in the hospital last November for an emergency colonoscopy and surgery, I could FEEL the germs in the air in that hospital. It was obvious (to me) that it was a matter of inadequate ventilation and air purification.

Verdi:

Don Carlos

Carlo Bergonzi (Don Carlo)
Renata Tebaldi (Elisabetta di Valois)
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (Rodrigo)
Grace Bumbry (Eboli)
Nicolai Ghiaurov (Filippo II di Spagna)
Martti Talvela (Il Grande Inquisitore)

Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
Sir Georg Solti

Decca LPs (Germany)

s-l600.jpg

Auryn Quartet

Welcome back!!!!

Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Opp. 78, 79, 14, 49
Mari Kodama

I noticed someone here had posted her Beethoven cycle with a comment that the critics didn't like it. I was curious. I knew I had one of her SACDs laying around unopened.
I have no idea what they're on about and I'm pretty picky about my Beethoven. If I were to get really,really picky, I'd say it was a tad too polite, but that's just my view of Beethoven.

Ray

View attachment 1324031
That was me. True, they probably didn't have to throw away the piano after the sessions, but there's no denying that she has tremendous technique and plays beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom