Hans Buchherl, Ursula Buckel, Andreas Stein,
Maureen Lehane, Theo Altmeyer, Richard van Vrooman,
Michael Schopper, Eduard Wollitz

Tölzer Knabenchor
Collegium Aureum
Rolf Reinhardt

Deutsche Harmonia Mundi CD

600x600bf.png

Scottish dances.jpg Great music and even an inexpensive Pioneer plays it perfectly....

The London Philharmonic Orchestra, Malcolm Arnold

https://1fichier.com/?dy4gyih647

Issued in 1959, during the time when Everest was still a serious audiophile label, with excellent pressings having substantial vinyl weight. The silver and blue LP label is a green light for collectors who have discovered that one must be very wary of Everest pressings issued after 1960, when founder Harry Belock left the company. pl-41.jpg pl-41.jpg

No, this isn't a transcription of Bach's work for two guitars: it's an original worked by Joachim Schneider modeled after Bach's masterpiece (aria, 30 variations, da capo aria--use of canons, fugues, etc.). The structure is where the similarity ends. Whew--this is a rough listen. Parts sound hair-raisingly difficult to play, while others had me scratching my head wondering how they produced those sounds. Very well recorded. Not for the faint of heart.

0019962133657_600.jpg

folder.jpg

Stravinsky - Concerto for Piano and Wind Instruments; Movements for Piano and Orchestra; Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra; Concerto in D
Columbia Symphony Orchestra/Stravinsky/Craft
Philippe Entremont, Charles Rosen, piano
Isaac Stern, violin

Three Centuries of Organ Music at Notre Dame de Paris
Olivier Latry

Horrible news! My favourite place to go in Paris after a typical stressful French negotiation. I'm not religious, nor an art expert -- there was just something very relaxing about being inside it.

Ray

81WjO-d6L3L._SL1500_.jpg 814RUg+fq6L._SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom