Today's Frank Zappa Playlist

With the possible exception of Vince Guaraldi, there's no better music for Christmas than Zappa. My favorite for the festive season is either The Grand Wazoo or Waka/Jawaka.

Great idea!

The Grand Wazoo and Waka/Jawaka will be on my Christmas playlist tonight. (Still Christmas here - "St.Steven's Day".)

The sensational New Year's Eve playlist! ;)

"Roxy - The Movie" (1974/2015)

"Live In Paris" (1980)

"The Band From Utopia - A Tribute To Frank Zappa" (1994)

System:

Metz DH-71 (high end DVD player)
Marantz Twenty Seven
Bose 301/I

:beerchug::rockon::beerchug:

Grand Wazoo, (again), it's closest to the gear that's closest to me. The rest of my Zappa collection is upstairs.

Grand Wazoo, (again), it's closest to the gear that's closest to me. The rest of my Zappa collection is upstairs.

You can't go wrong EVER with the Grand Wazoo, Blessed Relief is outstanding!! as is Eat That Question. I listened to it last week and it sounded great as ever.

I just downloaded a soundboard from St. Paul, MN 11/27/74. That will be on the menu tomorrow.

As a Zappa fan from 40 years ago you guys might dig this..Left the show and grabbed one of the promo posters tapped to the door. By the way Rush played the gig went off stage and afterwards Zappa told the crowd to sit down or he wouldn't play..I have guarded this hand bill with my life ever since..image.jpeg image.jpeg
Currently playing while kicking back tonight ..image.jpeg

As a Zappa fan from 40 years ago you guys might dig this..Left the show and grabbed one of the promo posters tapped to the door. By the way Rush played the gig went off stage and afterwards Zappa told the crowd to sit down or he wouldn't play..I have guarded this hand bill with my life ever since..View attachment 851241 View attachment 851240
Currently playing while kicking back tonight ..View attachment 851243

You might dig this

http://wlrn.org/post/yes-frank-zappa-wrote-orchestral-music-and-its-live-miami

Earlier today I listened to Satumaa (Finnish Tango) off of You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 2

In honor of you guys on this thread image.jpeg
I'll spin one or two off of this ..disc two track one

"Variations on The Carlos Santana Secret Chord Progression" should do the trick

Last edited:
You might dig this

http://wlrn.org/post/yes-frank-zappa-wrote-orchestral-music-and-its-live-miami

Earlier today I listened to Satumaa (Finnish Tango) off of You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 2
I had seen that before. I've got to tell I've spent 50 years reading about music , playing gigs on guitar and producing live sound and lights. And nobody makes me laugh out loud more than Zappa just being himself and saying what he says and the titles of his tunes...He is a very special human being..

Last edited:
As a Zappa fan from 40 years ago you guys might dig this..Left the show and grabbed one of the promo posters tapped to the door. By the way Rush played the gig went off stage and afterwards Zappa told the crowd to sit down or he wouldn't play..I have guarded this hand bill with my life ever since..View attachment 851241 View attachment 851240
Currently playing while kicking back tonight ..View attachment 851243

WOW!! with Rush opening. :eek::eek2::jump: Incredible!

After falling out of my chair, I am now suffering from an extreme case of ENVY!!!

WOW!! with Rush opening. :eek::eek2::jump: Incredible!

After falling out of my chair, I am now suffering from an extreme case of ENVY!!!
I can tell you that I remember Rush opened with Anthem, I was listening to them a lot then..and by the time the vocals came in there was a very sweet aroma all over the arena..

They did do some 2112 material if I recall. Living in Fort Wayne in the mid 70's everybody came through on split bills , the headliner crushed the money and the openers not so much...Now years later I know Rush did these opening gigs for 300 to 500 bucks and we're lucky to not be dropped by their label...Same with Aerosmith and others, read " Walk This Way" by Aerosmith and the money was unbelievably bad against the number of tickets at the gate..
But I was in my teens and wanted to run away with the circus big time..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom