Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

The sonics on this one are a little sharp, but for those who are into space psych rock, this is a decent performance.

Igra Staklenhi Perli (Soft Explosion [Live], full album, 1978)

Here's a couple tracks off this interesting album. This album was performed by mostly Canadian musicians, but composed and masterminded by a 16 year old American from Las Vegas. This album is definitely worth a listen.

J.K. & Co. (Suddenly One Summer album, 1969)

'Break of Dawn'

'Fly'

I'm sure this has been posted here already, but if not, I give you the Silver Apples. This band created electric music that predated and helped form, and inspired electronica 20-25 years later. Again, unfortunately this album is no longer offered as a single full album post on YouTube, hence the multiple videos. Here's a sample of their debut album.

Silver Apples (self-titled album, 1968)

'Oscillations'

'Seagreen Serenades'

'Lovefingers'

'Program'

'Velvet Cave'

'Velvet Cave'

'Whirly-Bird'

'Dust'

'Misty Mountain'

My gosh, an LP of which I have not thought (nor heard until this morning) in many many years. I bought it used but in practically new/unused condition from a friend who copped it from an older sibling, probably had been out for just a year or two. It was some weird stuff to the senses of yung'un raised on classical music, Southern Gospel, acoustic southern (Delta) Blues and South Side Chicago electric Blues. I remember being equally perplexed (in a good way) my first time hearing another record bought used but almost new, the first release by Krautrock electronic pioneers Faust, the "clear" vinyl & record album cover w/ the Xray image of a hand on the cover (and vinyl?).

RIP MB
Crown Of Creation - Jefferson Airplane
21S/23S press.
QiSt1I2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom