Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

Interesting. I've never thought of The Doors as a psychedelic band.
Take a listen to the 1st self titled album, Strange Days or Morrison hotel. There are several very psychedelic tunes on each one. They even do blues on occasion. If you have Amazon prime or other streaming service take a listen.

Take a listen to the 1st self titled album, Strange Days or Morrison hotel. There are several very psychedelic tunes on each one. They even do blues on occasion. If you have Amazon prime or other streaming service take a listen.

Oh, I've heard the album, probably @ 200 times. I guess we have different ideas of "psychedelic". :beerchug:

Skip Spence - Oar
(1969, Columbia)

skip002.jpg

a really interesting solo record from Spence, recorded over 7 days in Columbia's Nashville studios after he was released from a six month stay in a psych ward. Some really weird guitar chords and soaring vocals - unsettling, grabs the attention. I ran across this at a yard sale a couple of years ago - lucky find because I don't think many copies sold....from wikipedia: "It was at the time the lowest-selling album in Columbia Records history, and was deleted from the Columbia catalogue within a year of its release"

The following YouTube link has excellent audio quality.

I agree with your synopsis , and will add, the lyrics extend to left field at times. Very interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom