Today's INDIE Playlist

Some Wire for Saturday morning. Fuzziewobbles and MACTED got me onto them.

Wire- Reuters

Wire - Blessed State

Wire- Feeling Called Love

This came up on my iPod, I thought " the boys/girls on the indie playlist may like this" then I get the link ready and realize this is 12 or so years old now..... Wtf feeling old

BTW - I just learned that the Best Coast drummer up to around 2011 was formerly of the Vivian Girls. Here's a Vivian Girls post I made a while back: Indie Post June 2016.

BTW2 - I like your discovery Le Butcherettes. I'd never heard of them before but when I checked the logs of my favorite station I see in the list a couple that you've posted:

LE BUCHARETTES NEW YORK
LE BUTCHERETTES ACTRESS THAT ATE ROUSSEAU
LE BUTCHERETTES ALL YOU SEE IN ME IS DEATH
LE BUTCHERETTES HENRY DONT GOT NO LOVE

BTW - I just learned that the Best Coast drummer up to around 2011 was formerly of the Vivian Girls. Here's a Vivian Girls post I made a while back: Indie Post June 2016.

BTW2 - I like your discovery Le Butcherettes. I'd never heard of them before but when I checked the logs of my favorite station I see in the list a couple that you've posted:

LE BUCHARETTES NEW YORK
LE BUTCHERETTES ACTRESS THAT ATE ROUSSEAU
LE BUTCHERETTES ALL YOU SEE IN ME IS DEATH
LE BUTCHERETTES HENRY DONT GOT NO LOVE
Good pedigree/Vivian girls

Terry Gender Bender's a go getter:)

I like it too. It's got that drawn out drama like Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Of all the times I've heard about GY!BE or flipped past them at the record store, I've never taken the time to listen to them. Because of your post, I'm finally giving it a go. I started with Lift your skinny fists..., and now I'm about 15 minutes into F#A#infinity. It's good. Really, really good. Right in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for the prompting!

Back
Top Bottom