Today's INDIE Playlist

You ever watch any band interviews from the nineties? I think 1995 was probably the pinnacle of sarcasm.
Follow up - as coincidence would have it, here's the guy who turned me on to Veruca Salt.

Detroit FM blew. So I put up a dish and grabbed MusquePlus off one of the Canadian birds. I had this fantasy of going to grad school at the University of Montreal. I could understand France-Style French pretty well. This guy has that strangled Montreal accent. But it was engineering - numbers 'n stuff. I even had a crush on Marie Plourde.

I was ready - but it didn't happen.

Follow up - as coincidence would have it, here's the guy who turned me on to Veruca Salt.

Detroit FM blew. So I put up a dish and grabbed MusquePlus off one of the Canadian birds. I had this fantasy of going to grad school at the University of Montreal. I could understand France-Style French pretty well. This guy has that strangled Montreal accent. But it was engineering - numbers 'n stuff. I even had a crush on Marie Plourde.

I was ready - but it didn't happen.

I grew up watching Much Music, but didn't get Musique Plus. Those crazy French Canadians and their crazy culture sadly didn't/doesn't make it very far outside Qubec's borders.*

*The culture, not the people.

I grew up watching Much Music, but didn't get Musique Plus. Those crazy French Canadians and their crazy culture sadly didn't/doesn't make it very far outside Qubec's borders.*

*The culture, not the people.
Yeah - that was the age of Trumpet Winsock and dial-up. Streaming would have been insane. Luckily MusiquePlus distributed its programming "in the clear" on one of Canada's Anik (IIRC) satellites. And living close to the border in Michigan I received it easily. But I still had to drive to Montreal to get the CD's (we were living like cavemen then - no Amazon). Later on I bought the card that allowed you to pay for channels so I got MuchMusic - just in time for an Eighties Weekend. Good times. This band is from France -

39th & The Nortons - Don't Look Back

WZBT 91.1 FM - Gettysburg College - Gettysburgh PA

Last edited:
This station was on a tear all weekend long. Usually weekends are tough cuz college stations pay their community obligations with a lot of specialty stuff. But this one went crazy with indie - and I had to start bookmarking stuff so I wouldn't be posting every ten minutes -

Cherry Glazerr - Wasted Nun

Last edited:

I haven't listened to anything by him since Salad Days. I really dig this song, and the video is cool, too. I'll have to go back and listen to his recent stuff.

This station was on a tear all weekend long. Usually weekends are tough cuz college stations pay their community obligations with a lot of specialty stuff. But this one went crazy with indie - and I had to start bookmarking stuff so I wouldn't be posting every ten minutes -

Not a bad song. But, that has to be one of the worst videos I've ever seen.

Metal Guru - Is It You?

King Tuff - Black Moon Spell

Last edited:
I'm gonna respond to these two with a couple of my favourite songs by them.
First up is the Coathangers

Metal Guru - Is It You?

I stumbled onto King Tuff when BJM was on Tee Pee records. At the time Tee Pee was distributing for The Colonel Records, who released KT's first record. I've been hooked since then. I'm sure I've posted this here previously, but it's a damn fine song.

I'm gonna respond to these two with a couple of my favourite songs by them.
First up is the Coathangers

I stumbled onto King Tuff when BJM was on Tee Pee records. At the time Tee Pee was distributing for The Colonel Records, who released KT's first record. I've been hooked since then. I'm sure I've posted this here previously, but it's a damn fine song.
Tuff IIRC comes from the middle of nowhere and he reminds me a bit of our friend Tim Presley in this tune.

Two For Tuesday - Cute Edition

The Coathangers - Tonya Harding

The Coathangers - Parcheezi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom