Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

VA
Let The Electric Children Play: The Underground Story Of Transatlantic Records1968-1976
(Esoteric, 2017)

* CD 2

I'm watching one of these on ebay and wonder, are there any hidden jewels from groups/individuals that I don't know? Of course I have everything there from Pentangle.

I'm watching one of these on ebay and wonder, are there any hidden jewels from groups/individuals that I don't know? Of course I have everything there from Pentangle.

IMO:

Circus
Skin Alley
Stray
Little Free Rock
Mr Fox
Ralph McTell (oddly not included on this compilation)

Took me years to track down original UK-issed copies of these LPs. I have most of the material included in the comp (I might not have Marsupilami - I'd have to check the LP "cold storage" for that), but my favourites, after McTell's debut LP, entitled 8 Frames A Second, would be Skin Alley, then Stray, then Mr Fox. Before I forget: Mich Farren LPs are also pretty darned good, as is the Peter Bardens stuff.

Happy hunting!

IMO:

Circus
Skin Alley
Stray
Little Free Rock
Mr Fox
Ralph McTell (oddly not included on this compilation)

Took me years to track down original UK-issed copies of these LPs. I have most of the material included in the comp (I might not have Marsupilami - I'd have to check the LP "cold storage" for that), but my favourites, after McTell's debut LP, entitled 8 Frames A Second, would be Skin Alley, then Stray, then Mr Fox. Before I forget: Mich Farren LPs are also pretty darned good, as is the Peter Bardens stuff.

Happy hunting!
Stray is excellent, but the only thing folk about them is their label.

PB218508.jpg

PROVENCE MYSTIQUE
Sacred Songs of the Middle Ages from the South of France
Anne Azéma - programming, research, text translation, transcription, soprano
Laurence Brisset, Annelies Coene, Catherine Jousselin, Pasquale Mourey - voices
Kit Higginson - psaltery, recorder
Shira Kammen - medieval fiddle
Margriet Tindemans - harp, medieval fiddle

Apex via Erato

I am glad to see this thread is still going along nicely without me.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do after PhotoBucket screwed me on my pictures.

Back
Top Bottom