Original Chrysalis Album Series
  • Below the Salt
  • Parcel of Rogues
  • Now We Are Six
  • Commoners Crown
  • All Around My Hat
Steeleye Span

Chrysalis - Warner

BBG--Many years ago I was transferring plane flights at the Cincinnati airport. Someone in the seat next to me said, "Look at that plane." It was sitting off the tarmac with most of its top gone--a burned out wreck. Obviously people had died in the accident, which I did not recall seeing on any news reports. Three years later I learned that was the plane Stan Rogers was in when he died. He was coming back from the Kerrville Folk Festival I believe.
Stan Rogers was a national treasure.

John, I am familiar with Cruel Sister of course but I've never seen this version of the CD. Can you fill us in?
Yes Grainger,not much info im afraid.
Serial number ESMCD 458.GAS0000458 ESM ACO.
1997 Castle Communications PLC
No extra tracks,same as the original vinyl[of which i have a somewhat battered copy]
SQ is excellent.Bought this at a reduced price at a record fair in 2000.
Thats about it!:)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Communications
https://www.discogs.com/Pentangle-Cruel-Sister/release/2506338

John, I pulled mine out today. It is a German made CD with the Transatlantic logo on it too. It sounded awfully good. If anyone keeps track of this stuff it maintains absolute polarity. I'm sensitive to guitar strings being plucked in the right polarity.

My Fotheringay is the regular old US made CD (you don't call them pressings, do you?)

John, I pulled mine out today. It is a German made CD with the Transatlantic logo on it too. It sounded awfully good. If anyone keeps track of this stuff it maintains absolute polarity. I'm sensitive to guitar strings being plucked in the right polarity.

My Fotheringay is the regular old US made CD (you don't call them pressings, do you?)
No,i dont call them pressings,it would dignify the little plastic discs!:rolleyes:
Always loved the design of the Transatlantic label.:):cool:

Sorry to hear that, I recorded a radio broadcast with Tommy Peoples when he was playing in "Last Night's Fun." I always thought he was a fine player.

First I ever heard Tommy Peoples was from the first Bothy Band record in the late nineties. I have a lot of his solo work and work with Paul Brady and Matt Molloy. Love his style of playing.

MIC

Back
Top Bottom