Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

I love everything Van has ever done w/ The Chieftains, but this album is the best. Love so many numbers included on this one, but especially "Ragland Road", "Tá Mo Chleamhnas Déanta", "Carrickfergus", and "Marie's Wedding".
Raglan Road has been both sanctified and murdered by so many singers,a wonderful poem...:):beatnik::)

I love everything Van has ever done w/ The Chieftains, but this album is the best. Love so many numbers included on this one, but especially "Ragland Road", "Tá Mo Chleamhnas Déanta", "Carrickfergus", and "Marie's Wedding".

Mystic, you forgot "The Star Of County Down"! Just kidding, a great rendition though.

PA029135.jpg

A TREE WITH ROOTS
The Songs of Bob Dylan
Fairport Convention & Friends

Island

"Tá Mo Chleamhnas Déanta" - sung by someone else, as Van kens no Irish. It is required in high school over there, but I believe he made his escape into the music industry at a very young age.

Back
Top Bottom