Today's Jangle Pop Playlist

Even the vocals and Southern accents jangle in this one (which supposedly Stipe doesn't like any more - but I think he's nervous cuz it's not hipster / ironic / brainy enough) -

Good stuff loops. Always depend on you for something new to listen to. The first two are a little 'gazey, too.
Thanks - you brought this band to my attention. I'd heard them before, and the name, but they kinda got forgotten in the whole mass of Eighties stuff -

And the "The Three O'Clock" - thought it was a cool name when I read about them in a magazine - but it would have been an act against nature for one of Detroit's fossilized classic rock DJ's to play anything by them. So this is the first time I actually heard them.

heard them before
Mitch Easter has one of the most impressive production resumes (including R.E.M.) in the business. He also plays with some big name cats - he was in on the Big Star tribute with a bunch of other icons. He also was heavily involved with Velvet Crush, another band that was big with other musicians but almost unheard of outside those circles.
He has been touring lately with Alejandro Escovedo.

I still have the 3 o'clock and salvation army vinyl from the 80's. The drummer and guitarist both went to my high school, I didn't know either of them. I prefer th salvation army, seemed more about organic, the 3 o'clock more contrived and clicky.

Back
Top Bottom