Today's JAZZ playlist

An excellent Evans offering, IMO. And a great recording considering (according to what I read about this album) that the recording equipment was set at the last minute sort of like an afterthought. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad it was recorded. I only have it in FLAC. Lucky devil you having it on Vinyl.
Unfortunately its a CD. I just got in close so it seems that way. I wish though. I do have the "Echoes of Indiana" from Wes Montgomery on vinyl and it's top notch. This label Resonance is really impressive. All the releases I own are top notch with really great liner notes and pics.

4CQ8LHJ.jpg

Absolutely! His playing is just wonderful. Did you know he adapted to the style he uses after injuring his neck and almost drowning when he dove into the ocean one time? If you like his solo work check out the Duets album. One of my favorites from his later work. He and Desmond are quite a team.

Wow, no I didn't know that. I will check out the duets album. I love Desmond too...

I will need to check that out. That's the cool thing about jazz, and music: there is always something you haven't heard around the corner.

Hey, montrecott - Yeah, it's a pretty rare album. I went over to discogs today and saw three listed. Check them out!

Thelonious Monk
Big Band And Quartet In Concert
Recorded live (Lincoln Center, New York City) 1963
Released (Columbia LPx1) 1964
Expanded/remastered (Columbia CDx2) 1994

Thelonious Monk (piano); Thad Jones (cornet); Nick Travis (trumpet);
Eddie Bert (trombone); Geri Allen (clarinet, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone);
Phil Woods (alto saxophone, clarinet);
Steve Lacy (soprano saxophone);
Charlie Rouse (tenor saxophone); Butch Warren (bass); Frank Dunlap (drums)

0000781825.jpg

Back
Top Bottom