Today's JAZZ playlist

When I was a young man, I worked briefly, with a (also very young) man that had chip-monk cheeks. He was a very friendly guy, and we hit it off instantly. I believe his first name was Anthony, (having a senior moment) surname Gillespie. He lived in Queens, N.Y. We both worked for a large, audio/record electronics chain store, and would "ease on down" to work daily. I used to goof on (in a positive way) his puffy cheeks. He would reply, "I got my Uncle's Cheeks, but not his talent." He was Dizzy Gillespie's nephew. I drove him home one occasion, was invited in, and was fortunate to see some great memorabilia. Listening to his uncle, immortalized on vinyl this rainy morning, just brought me back to a simpler time in my life, 35 years ago. Just wanted to share this moment with my audiokarma compadres.

DSC_0033-4.jpg

Open Sesame
by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard released on the Blue Note label in 1960 as BST 84040​

Hello all, this is my 1st post to your music forum but I read it all the time. This album was recommended by Mark Myers on his Jazzwax blog. I also recommend it. It features Harry" Sweets" Edison. I hope you'll enjoy it also.View attachment 956006
Welcome to the madness!;)
Oh, and stick around. One of the best(if not the best) threads here.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for it.

View attachment 956019Have not listened to this for awhile. Man I have to get Back To Back to go with this. I have played Johnny Hodges' Previously Unreleased Recording(digital recording) 3 or 4 times this week. Can't get enough.
Back To Back is a great one.

I've been doing a little hard drive FLAC file tagging/organizing today, and actually just fixed up the Duke/Mingus/Roach album, Money Jungle.
It's been awhile since I've spun that one.

Back
Top Bottom