Today's JAZZ playlist

Mark Turner - In This World -

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/in-this-world-mark-turner-warner-bros-review-by-ed-kopp.php?width=1536

51FlV%2B5c8EL.jpg

Eric

Picked this up near mint Liberty pressing today. Pleasantly surprised! There's some very good modal stuff on here (along with a requisite late-60s soul-jazz track or two...)

For the visually inclined, the pedestrian cover design is by Forlenza Venosa Associates, who it seems took over from Reid Miles and Francis Wolff once Blue Note was sold. A shame, really...

R-1183676-1310157533.jpeg.jpg

View attachment 956036 Picked this Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor up last week. I have several Ammons cd's but this is currently my favorite of his. Beau Geste, thank you for the kind welcome. Kris you mentioned file tagging. I use JRiver, what do you use?
I'm at the point where when I rip I get my tags set straight. I use EAC for ripping.
It's the older rips(or ones that come from others) that need a little work at times. I use MP3Tag for that.

I'm at the point where when I rip I get my tags set straight. I use EAC for ripping.
It's the older rips(or ones that come from others) that need a little work at times. I use MP3Tag for that.
Kris I would be lost without JRiver(long time user). I do vinyl rips with Audacity (metadata done when exporting) and then sometimes editing my tags in JRiver.

Kris I would be lost without JRiver(long time user). I do vinyl rips with Audacity (metadata done when exporting) and then sometimes editing my tags in JRiver.
I tried out JRiver and got lost in IT, lol!
The EAC and MP3Tag combo works well for me.
I figure it's just one of those "it takes awhile to get used to, but once you do you're set" kinda things. I could see myself maybe coming back around to JR some day.

I'm a real procrastinator when it comes to ripping vinyl. I've got a nice CD recorder in one of my systems that I use for analog copying and editing.
I've done a pile of FM recording with it over the years(mostly live blues broadcasts), but I seem to always put off doing it with vinyl.

I tried out JRiver and got lost in IT, lol!
The EAC and MP3Tag combo works well for me.
I figure it's just one of those "it takes awhile to get used to, but once you do you're set" kinda things. I could see myself maybe coming back around to JR some day.

I'm a real procrastinator when it comes to ripping vinyl. I've got a nice CD recorder in one of my systems that I use for analog copying and editing.
I've done a pile of FM recording with it over the years(mostly live blues broadcasts), but I seem to always put off doing it with vinyl.
I tried the 30 day trial and liked it. But my main reason to use it was so I could avoid using ITunes to put music on my Ipod classic( now replaced with a Fiio X1). I admit it took baby steps to learn(still learning), I even use it to record tv shows. Now the major perk is Gizmo( a remote control using my tablet) Got To Lov It.

Aloha gentlemen.

OK, my week off has officially started, gents. 1 week of nothing but slothing and listening to Jazz. And some beer and skittles thrown in for good measure. I've been dreaming of hot dogs on the grill and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. So that will be my dinner tonight, with some baked beans thrown in for good measure.

I've been up since 3 AM so I am chilling on the couch litening to "The Dr Jazz Radio Show) on WHYR.org out of Baton Rouge.

www.whyr.org

Pops turned me on to this show. Dr. Jazz plays excellent Jazz from 4:00 - 6:00 every Saturday.

I'll pick out some albums after his show ends.

-Billy

I tried the 30 day trial and liked it. But my main reason to use it was so I could avoid using ITunes to put music on my Ipod classic( now replaced with a Fiio X1). I admit it took baby steps to learn(still learning), I even use it to record tv shows. Now the major perk is Gizmo( a remote control using my tablet) Got To Lov It.

Aloha!

Welcome to the Jazz Thread and to AK.

Enjoy.

-Billy

Back
Top Bottom