Today's JAZZ playlist

I'm lucky, stuff like Rogers goes over well here.

I've also got a secret weapon. She was a theater person, so albums that incorporate 'show tune' stuff seems to always go over well here.
Her: "Did you know this was a tune from (fill in the Broadway show blank)?".
Me: "I had no idea. Do you like this version?".:rflmao:

You are a sly boots KrisM. A master at the art, as it were.

Very cool story, thanks for sharing.

Count me in as another who knows nothing about drums, but know what I like and don't. Overly busy drumming usually doesn't do much for me. Especially when it's used at the wrong time.
To quote C. Montgomery Burns, "I know what I hate, and I don't hate this". :)

This applies to all genres I enjoy.
I got to see Bob Dylan again the other night, and with the way the stage was setup and where I was sitting, I got to the drummer from the side. I really enjoyed his playing. It was a rock show, but he managed to swing a bit.
Another guy who is like that is Stephen Hodges. Just flat out plays what the song needs.

Ha ha, I remember that Monty Burns line!

Aloha gentlemen.

Busier than a sailor on shore leave here these last three weeks. Another brutal venue this weekend, so it's been my Apt-X Bluetooth Earbuds and my phone for Jazz lately. No time to really post anything. I've got a 32 Gig SD card in the phone with about 80 FLAC files on it and about 100 mp3 files as well, so I am set for the week. Been listening to a lot of Big Band, Medium Jazz band and similar from Benny Goodman to the Mack Avenue Superband.

Speaking of M.A.S. - Currently;

51q6B8WfPbL._SX425_.jpg

If time permits, I'll post a few more today and tomorrow. Sunday I'm buried up to my eyeballs.

-Billy

Aloha gentlemen.

Busier than a sailor on shore leave here these last three weeks. Another brutal venue this weekend, so it's been my Apt-X Bluetooth Earbuds and my phone for Jazz lately. No time to really post anything. I've got a 32 Gig SD card in the phone with about 80 FLAC files on it and about 100 mp3 files as well, so I am set for the week. Been listening to a lot of Big Band, Medium Jazz band and similar from Benny Goodman to the Mack Avenue Superband.

Speaking of M.A.S. - Currently;

51q6B8WfPbL._SX425_.jpg

If time permits, I'll post a few more today and tomorrow. Sunday I'm buried up to my eyeballs.

-Billy

I was at that festival and watched in person most of what is recorded on that album. I have been attending the DJF for the last 10 years.

I was at that festival and watched in person most of what is recorded on that album. I have been attending the DJF for the last 10 years.

Outstanding.

Poppachubby has also been in attendance at DJF. One year I did Detroit, Toronto, and Montreal since I was working in the upper Midwest anyway that season. I used to be a regular at the Montreal Jazz Fest, especially when I had venues I was producing in upstate NY (Albany and Saratoga). The last five years has put me in the "too busy" box during the summer to be able to attend. The DJF is amazing, and it would be a great place to do an AK Jazz Meet some year. I used to produce a venue on Belle Island in Detroit and always thought that the city was poised for a great comeback. The fact that I follow the Detroit Tigers doesn't hurt my opinion of the city either. :)

Back
Top Bottom