Today's JAZZ playlist

I love this Gildo Mahones! Blues for Yna Yna is a favorite...
It is good! Didn't know much about him until I picked up the album and thought, "This looks like it's worth a shot for $1.88." Vinyl is very good.... Apparently he was pretty active as a sideman from the early fifties until the mid-seventies. He's still alive. His discography as a leader is pretty sparse.

zjmVrSh.jpg

Years ago, a friend of mine put on a record and DARED me to guess the singer. I was stumped. It was DDay, herself, singing with the Les Brown and his Band of Renown, she earned tons of respect that day.

Bet that you'd never be stumped again. Once you know her voice you can't forget it in my experience.

Stang Getz Jao Gilberto.jpg

We all know this LP. I am using the Discogs photo, cause it's late on Sunday night, and I notice that "...according to Discogs, there 170 versions of this record". 170, that is the most I've ever seen. That must make this the most popular record, (or very near the top) for records bought/owned. I know others may've outsold it at the races, but that is the most versions, I've ever seen. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom