Today's JAZZ playlist

Jf91NcU.jpg

Wow, Ed Stoute on piano. That's a name you don't come across too often. I may have seen him some other times over the years, but the only time I know I saw him, was at my good friend James Cheesman's funeral. Cheesman was a piano tuner. Man, he was the nicest guy. When he would come over to tune my piano or one at one of the schools I was teaching at, he and I would talk for hours before he even dealt with the piano. But I'm kind of digressing here. He was obviously a good friend of Ed Stoute, who played the piano at his funeral.

Great story jgannon! Thanks—

Roy Haynes Out of the Afternoon.JPG

Roy Hanes Quartet, Impulse a-23 mono, a 1962 release- mine's an early 70-ish re-issue. Great LP, on the first hard bop records I ever bought. I'm banking I took a chance that I knew Roland Kirk's playing and ponied up, really glad I did. BONUS: The cover kills me, the band is like,'...no man, we are just out for a walk in the woods. What's new with you?'

Holy Moly, that's some deal. Concord now has a nice comfortable big chair. I read that SLG has Pop recording arm, and that's probably their money maker. But the Jazz catelog while bring them strong returns, especially if you list Fantasy, Concord, and now Savoy. The mining of those catalogs, if done correctly can yield a nice add to their bottom line. That being said, Mosaic is in deep waters and may not be coming up for air. I wonder what happened to them?

Back
Top Bottom