Today's JAZZ playlist

smmy%20dvs%20jr%20cnt%20bs.jpg~original
smmy%20dvs%20jr%20cnt%20bs%202.jpg~original

Sammy Davis Jr. & Count Basie / Our Shinning Hour
1965 Verve
1973 MGM (reissue)

I've got this somewhere, I bought 'because....'. Played a couple of cuts and pulled for the high shmaltz factor, should I go back and give it more time? Or was my first assessment correct?

I've got this somewhere, I bought 'because....'. Played a couple of cuts and pulled for the high shmaltz factor, should I go back and give it more time? Or was my first assessment correct?

Sammy is really groovin' and a swingin' on that one! Album has a really good sound quality to it! :music: Do you have the original "Verve" copy? That one has a different cover, my reissue album cover is totally different.

Yes, you should play it!

Sammy is really groovin' and a swingin' on that one! Album has a really good sound quality to it! :music: Do you have the original "Verve" copy? That one has a different cover, my reissue album cover is totally different.

Yes, you should play it!

I've the Verve copy. I remember coming home and playing it and thinking that there were so many missed chances. I'll dig it out this weekend.

I've the Verve copy. I remember coming home and playing it and thinking that there were so many missed chances. I'll dig it out this weekend.

I really like that album! :music: Your copy should sound even better, being it's an original copy. Those Verve albums sound so good! :music:

Back
Top Bottom