Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers: Caravan
Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich: The Original Drum Battle

Guess I was in a percussive mood.

jbpollock said:
Just listened to

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers: Caravan
Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich: The Original Drum Battle

Guess I was in a percussive mood.

With that selection I guess you would have to be. :)

Check out Krupa and Rich recorded on Clef (Verve) May and November 1955 for a similar effect. Norman Granz sure knew how to throw a party.

Drybasement said:
With that selection I guess you would have to be. :)

Check out Krupa and Rich recorded on Clef (Verve) May and November 1955 for a similar effect. Norman Granz sure knew how to throw a party.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. :music:

Nicholas Payton's band missed their flight to Portland today. So I saw Nicholas, his bassist Ruben Rogers and stand in's Portland's own Darrell Grant and some drummer who will remain unamed. What was cute is that they had to use an 18 yr old freshman from the University of Indiana named Sophie Fox on Tenor. Nicholas was fantastice and the band came together on few numbers but overall I wish has band had not missed their flight. Great venue at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, Oregon.

Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges ~ Back to Back ~ Verve
Basie ~ Kansas City Shout ~ Pablo
Basie ~ Knasas City Three ~ Pablo

RC

Starting out with Jimmy Smith's Back At The Chicken Shack. Up next is Jimmy Smith's House Party and then I'm moving on to Horace Silver Quintet's Finger Poppin'.

All Blue Notes with the latter two being RVG Edition remasters.

Its a Sonny Stitt day. Listening to Last Stitt Sessions, Vol. 1 & 2; Sonny Stitt/Bud Powell/ J.J. Johnson; plus Kaleidoscope.

Back
Top Bottom