Today's JAZZ playlist

3knq686.png

I had this one (bought it new) when I was young and foolishly let it get away. I saw it in a record store in Michigan about a month ago and snagged it.

Herbie Nichols ‎– The Third World

Wow, I don't think I've ever even heard of Herbie Nichols before -- I don't know how he escaped my notice for all these years. Well, anything that's good enough for a Blue Note Reissue is good enough for me; I'll have to keep an eye peeled for this guy . . .

I was thinking the same thing, went and read his biography and am even more intrigued.

He is sooooo worth keeping an eye peeled for.
There are a couple of ways to get all of his Blue Note stuff out there, including a Mosaic set.
Love, Gloom, Cash, Love on Bethlehem is worth searching out, too.

TIDAL to the rescue. A bunch of his work and several releases of folks doing his compositions. I have to assume that the IPC Orchestra is not The Insane Clown Posse.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 5.11.53 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 5.13.18 AM.png

Victor Wooten - Alive In America (CD 2)

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

[
I was thinking the same thing, went and read his biography and am even more intrigued.

TIDAL to the rescue. A bunch of his work and several releases of folks doing his compositions. I have to assume that the IPC Orchestra is not The Insane Clown Posse.

View attachment 1053403 View attachment 1053404

I had one of Herbie Nichol's LPs, but like montrecott, gave it away years ago when I was paring down my collection. There are four of his songs on this double LP:

R-1850791-1320942608.jpeg.jpg

There's some beautiful stuff by Dodo Marmarosa on this LP, btw...

Back
Top Bottom