Today's JAZZ playlist

27904565079_b84b1f00f8_o.jpg

s/t

Michael Brecker

1987 MCA impulse! MCA-5980

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Yes, never had a fellow bettor give me such a good tip. I got lucky today and for sheer poops and giggles I put a small bet on the longest shot on the board, 50 to 1. The horse won. Unfortunately, I bet him to SHOW, so I only got about 15 to 1 odds, but hey, free money is free money. Wudda'shudda'cudda'. You take your wins and losses with a grain of salt and move on, JG. This trip, I got ULTRA lucky. I won, the house lost. Next trip, probably not so good. ;)

"for sheer poops..." :rflmao:

View attachment 1088165
The Title Says ALL:
I splurged on this 180gr French printing of this LP and it is paying off. I suppose I could've hunted around and bought a "pre-owned" copy, but frankly, this is crisp, new and I'm not ashamed....not one bit. I've read some reissues are crap, that they may very well be, but it figures the Europeans, (who like Jazz-A LOT), release great quality LPs. Plus, the local vinyl on Art Blakey is scarce and at unreasonable $$. Then again, it could be argued that this was high priced, but for me it was a Xmas present.

You don't need to justify anything, brother. Looks great and I bet it sounds even better.

:) Indeed! 50 to 1. Longest shot on the board in that race. Barely expected that horse to finish in the money (place or show which is why I bet him to show) let alone WIN outright. Yikes. I sheerly nearly pooped my pants!

The important part is that you understand the danger of it all. That "almost" is what keeps people going back again and again...

Back
Top Bottom