Today's JAZZ playlist

Good advice. And let's not forget church rummage sales, yard sales and garage sales. That's how I've found most of my LPs, typically for $1 or $2. Occasionally they're a little more. Sometimes they're less, like 25 cents or 50 cents each. I see the same ones in record stores, in the same condition, for $12 and up.

It is amazing what you can find if you look. I was lucky last summer and my 2017 "find of the year" was two Mosaic Box sets at an Estate Sale, $3 EACH! Complete Basie Verve/Clef and Benny Goodman Columbia and Okeh Recordings, in mint condition. I'm not big on Church Rummage sales. Several years ago, I went to what was listed as a "garage sale" with records. I left with approx 175 Lps for $90, all catalog, many unopened. The adult children were selling household goods and dad's records, which one bitterly told me was what the dad spent money on, instead of their college education. I didn't feel bad removing the eyesores from their field of vision. BTW: Dad had excellent taste in music, just sayin'.

71mVtNULo9L._SY355_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom