Today's JAZZ playlist

SWMBO is really into Cats. Siamese, actually. She has two. I'm a dog person, but I have to admit, her cats are very affectionate and love nest on your lap and purr when you sit and listen to Jazz. I'll always be a dog person, but I can appreciate why people enjoy cats after spending so much time listening to Jazz with these two Siamese.
My new audio digs are just as much my cat, Cliffs too. He spends so much time with me there.

Billy,
I had to go look. Yes Grundig. Bought it mostly for look! Seems to help reception just setting it near rabbit ears not connected.

Thanks OG. Yep, I thought that looker was a Grundig Loop. Most use them for AM DX reception, but you can use them for FM HD digital as well. I have had a Jones to get one of these for a while, for my Florida pad. It's flat as a pancake in that state and with ground planes on either side of the land (aka ocean), you can pull AM for thousands of miles.

wsbnH6G.jpg

It's probably meant for the Swedish market then I guess, as it is Swedish on the sticker (I speak Swedish, among other languages.)

Pretty cool. It says "5 stars in Downbeat". Didn't know the record label is Danish.

Eric

Have no clue as to the differences between Danish and Swedish, my second language is German and my chops in it are much less than feeble these days. Your observation made me dig out the album cover to make sure and the home offices of the label were in Copenhagen when it was released.

MI0001507087.jpg

Another SteepleChase session (though my copy is a US pressing under the Inner City imprint). Pretty much straight ahead alto blowing by Braxton with the exception of a brief avant duet with NHOP. Bird's Donna Lee is the one track where Braxton pulls out an exotic horn, this time a contrabass clarinet, to rip it up. It's a fun record that makes me want to track down Vol. 1.

Back
Top Bottom