Today's JAZZ playlist

zZeTgq6.jpg

View attachment 1140388

Switching gears here. I have one by these guys and dig it. So far this is excellent as well. Of course after I leave the record store we go to a thrift and I found even more ways to drop some coin.

View attachment 1140389

All but the Art Ensemble and Lee Morgan were sealed.

View attachment 1140393

Wow - love ALL of your recent acquisitions!!! They are all winners, but you have a couple albums that I love. Further Definitions is one of my favorite Benny Carter albums. If you enjoy it, than you must get the companion, Addition To Further Definitions. Carter was a master arranger and it's all on display here. The other album would be Recorded Fall 1961 which isn't my favorite from either Getz or Brookmeyer - but is one of my favorite jazz albums. It's one of those albums that just vibes the right way and makes me feel great. I first heard it as a digital transfer from a friend, and then had to have my own copy.

Let me know your thoughts on either. Gonna have to fire them both up. BTW, I have the remastered Further Definitions CD from 97 or 98 and its excellent. There have been more recent attempts out of Japan which I haven't heard but are supposedly excellent.

Hey @fuzzywobbles I dont want to steal your thunder, on the contrary you have motivated me. Besides your score is way more hip. Gonna share some albums I grabbed this past Saturday. Found a local spot that is a real treasure trove and mostly unknown to collectors. A dollar each. On previous visits I have found some gems and each time I go I score. I already had the Desmond albums but for a buck in VG condition, I figured I will trade them. Really happy about the Lewis!!
20180320_090000.jpg

Hey @fuzzywobbles I dont want to steal your thunder, on the contrary you have motivated me. Besides your score is way more hip. Gonna share some albums I grabbed this past Saturday. Found a local spot that is a real treasure trove and mostly unknown to collectors. A dollar each. On previous visits I have found some gems and each time I go I score. I already had the Desmond albums but for a buck in VG condition, I figured I will trade them. Really happy about the Lewis!!
View attachment 1142122

Very nice! Gots to love finding those kind of spots where they just keep giving up the treasures! That’s a serious haul for a buck a piece even!

Thanks for your comments on my recent finds, they are appreciated! Imma cue up that Fall 1961 now, just cracked open the shrink and am intrigued by your comments about it. Brookmeyer is one of those guys that the more I hear the more I like, and Getz is Getz what can I say that hasnt been said before.

FF7CFD25-89E9-4623-A8B1-B7A58480D369.jpeg

Very nice! Gots to love finding those kind of spots where they just keep giving up the treasures! That’s a serious haul for a buck a piece even!

Thanks for your comments on my recent finds, they are appreciated! Imma cue up that Fall 1961 now, just cracked open the shrink and am intrigued by your comments about it. Brookmeyer is one of those guys that the more I hear the more I like, and Getz is Getz what can I say that hasnt been said before.

View attachment 1142132

If you like Brookmeyer you must check the quintet he had with Clark Terry.

I really need to track this one down and check it out.

You're more than welcome, your posts have provided plenty of inspired recommendations for in the past.

If you have an avant-garde/electronic noises itch that needs a good scratching, I recommend Frisell's 2013 release Silent Comedy on John Zorn's Tzadik label. He uses essentially the same rig to unleash a series of soundscapes that are the chaotic other side of the musical coin to Music Is. That is a true YMMV type of recording, but it sounds fine to these indiscriminately eclectic ears of mine.

Frisell's 2013 release Silent Comedy : I have the album but failed to enjoy, seems some sort of random noise instead of music to me.
I recommend : Bill Frisell - The Intercontinentals ..... what you think about this album?

Back
Top Bottom