Today's JAZZ playlist

It's no secret I like @poppachubby 's posts to Youtube and Mixcloud. They are real treats. Youtube music is amazing. It's a nice perk getting Youtube RED with your subscription to Google Play Music, OR VS-VS, getting a subscription to Google Play Music with your subscription to Youtube RED. Best deal in music and video streaming on the internet. Posts like Pop's are solid gold and an added bonus.

What's so amazing about YouTube, to more or less state the obvious, is that you can come into contact with a lot of music that you would otherwise not have the opportunity to hear so readily - in addition to everything else YouTube puts up. What a different world we live in than the one a generation ago.

And yes, Pops puts up some nice stuff. We're going to have send out the AK MP's PDQ in that he's been AWOL for a while now!

Well, it's officially "After-Noon" so I am fixing a Hawiian Breeze (cheap drugstore 20 percent alcohol Vodka for moderation) and calling it a day.
A little toast to the Audio Gods for making my Record Store Day so productive.

BTW, I did have that glass of wine last night in homage the Audio Gods. I wonder if my humble gesture - perhaps - prompted them to smile down upon me, and guide me to that great Fajardo album I bought shortly afterwards. All I know, is I am truly grateful, and always welcome their magnanimous intercession whenever they feel like generously bestowing it upon me. They really are some great cats.

Have a great afternoon!

I've been getting to work early and doing the same thing myself. Found some really good stuff posted by somebody who calls himself Poppachubby. Sometimes there are comments on those by someone named Billy Batts. ;)
No extra pay for me since I'm on a salary, so it makes putting in those extra hours at work a little more enjoyable.

It's good to see you back in town. We were getting ready to get the AK MP's on you!

harryedison_sweets.jpg

Harry Edison and his Orchestra: Sweets

BTW, I did have that glass of wine last night in homage the Audio Gods. I wonder if my humble gesture - perhaps - prompted them to smile down upon me, and guide me to that great Fajardo album I bought shortly afterwards. All I know, is I am truly grateful, and always welcome their magnanimous intercession whenever they feel like generously bestowing it upon me. They really are some great cats.

Have a great afternoon!

Love it!

Thanks JG. You do the same. I'm in full-on SLOTH mode.

What's so amazing about YouTube, to more or less state the obvious, is that you can come into contact with a lot of music that you would otherwise not have the opportunity to hear so readily - in addition to everything else YouTube puts up. What a different world we live in than the one a generation ago.

And yes, Pops puts up some nice stuff. We're going to have send out the AK MP's PDQ in that he's been AWOL for a while now!

Well stated. I really enjoy Youtube. And you are right, we will soon need to alert the MPs about him being AWOL. I'm sure all is OK. He's probably just busy with family and career.

It's good to see you back in town. We were getting ready to get the AK MP's on you!
Thanks, Gannon. :beerchug: I've been busy. We took a short vacation in Michigan where we almost got stuck there in an ice storm. :eek: Fortunately that didn't happen and we were just able to get out and make it back. On the plus side there were some nice music finds at two Goodwills and a record store, which I'll post here eventually. Otherwise lots to do at work.

Congrats on record finds. I didn't participate. But did stop at garage sale for $1 CD's. A few more for SWMBO.View attachment 1169873

Nice! Well, you "sort-of" participated. You may not have stopped into a record store per se, but you joined us in spirit by buying music. Great finds! Congrats. You gotta' love $1.00 CDs.

I didn't list this here because it's not Jazz, but someone put a "Glen Cambpell's Greatest Hits" Vinyl album in the Jazz bins at one of the stores. $1.00 and it was STILL FACTORY SEALED. Yes, I bought it. For a buck? You almost have to. I wanted Johnny Cash's 50 year anniversary "Folsom Prison" album that was released specifically for Record Store Day, along with Thelonious Monk's Sessions Album, but BOTH were long sold out by the time I got to my stores. They only pressed something like 2,500 of each to keep them limited and collectable, so each participating store only got something like 2 or 3. You would have had to stand in line at 5 AM to get them. Oh well, I'm happy with my used vinyl haul.

[QUObuck apiecetts, post: 11547281, member: 178765"]Nice! Well, you "sort-of" participated. You may not have stopped into a record store per se, but you joined us in spirit by buying music. Great finds! Congrats. You gotta' love $1.00 CDs.

I didn't list this here because it's not Jazz, but someone put a "Glen Cambpell's Greatest Hits" Vinyl album in the Jazz bins at one of the stores. $1.00 and it was STILL FACTORY SEALED. Yes, I bought it. For a buck? You almost have to. I wanted Johnny Cash's 50 year anniversary "Folsom Prison" album that was released specifically for Record Store Day, along with Thelonious Monk's Sessions Album, but BOTH were long sold out by the time I got to my stores. They only pressed something like 2,500 of each to keep them limited and collectable, so each participating store only got something like 2 or 3. You would have had to stand in line at 5 AM to get them. Oh well, I'm happy with my used vinyl haul.[/QUOTE]

At buck apiece can experiment., Bought some Edith Piaf cds, whom had no knowledge. Surprise to me she's singing in French.

At buck apiece can experiment., Bought some Edith Piaf cds, whom had no knowledge. Surprise to me she's singing in French.

Very nice. I personally happen to like the French language, so it would work for me. And I happen to like Edith Piaf.

Edith is known for "Non regrette rien" (Don't regret anything). That's a popular song in France to this day. You could say it's a "French Standard". It's been used on a few Hollywood movies like "Inception" with Leonardo DiCaprio. That was the song they used to wake themselves up from their shared dreaming experiment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom