Today's JAZZ playlist

Ciao amico!

I have that on Vinyl and it's a hidden gem in the Gordon library for sure.

Gordon_Symphoie.jpg
Ciao Bily..I envy you . If I had not found this record on Youtube I would never have listened to it ..:)

Such a good record. This is a desert island disc for me.

Totally agree!! Plus the sound quality on the 20 bit mastered cd is stunning! True story - I bought this off Ebay at $4.00 buy it now with free shipping. Turns out the seller is based in China. As soon as I pay I get an email from the seller in broken English:
"Hello, master: I am your CD . I am in China now. I am flying to you by plane. We can meet in about 11 to 35 working days. (not including weekends and public holidays.A few remote areas will take long time.USA about 1-2 week.).I couldn't wait. If you see me after not satisfied to me. or I am lost . please mail the seller for the first time.He knows me very well.he will help you solve. please don't open eBay or PayPal disputes.That's will have a lot of trouble and slow. please~ The seller took care of me before I saw you. I hope you can give him a five-star rating.This is very important to him. Please ~ thank u ~ good luck ~ see you soon ~ (These are just your CDS talking to you.and just the CD meeting you ,not the seller. I just want to be humorous...)"

After 2 days, I find out he is no longer a seller on Ebay. So I thought I got scammed. Oh well charge it to experience I mused. Pleasant surprise last night this cd arrived and in great shape. Glad I took the chance!

Totally agree!! Plus the sound quality on the 20 bit mastered cd is stunning! True story - I bought this off Ebay at $4.00 buy it now with free shipping. Turns out the seller is based in China. As soon as I pay I get an email from the seller in broken English:
"Hello, master: I am your CD . I am in China now. I am flying to you by plane. We can meet in about 11 to 35 working days. (not including weekends and public holidays.A few remote areas will take long time.USA about 1-2 week.).I couldn't wait. If you see me after not satisfied to me. or I am lost . please mail the seller for the first time.He knows me very well.he will help you solve. please don't open eBay or PayPal disputes.That's will have a lot of trouble and slow. please~ The seller took care of me before I saw you. I hope you can give him a five-star rating.This is very important to him. Please ~ thank u ~ good luck ~ see you soon ~ (These are just your CDS talking to you.and just the CD meeting you ,not the seller. I just want to be humorous...)"

After 2 days, I find out he is no longer a seller on Ebay. So I thought I got scammed. Oh well charge it to experience I mused. Pleasant surprise last night this cd arrived and in great shape. Glad I took the chance!

I've told the story here before, as a young teen, I gave this record to my Dad for his birthday, then poached it as he wasn't listening. So it always reminds me of my Dad when I play.

The whole band is on fire, I'm always blown away by Gonsalves tenor and Rufus Joness' propulsive drums.

BTW: I'd have flipped if I'd gotten that email, talk about sketchy.

I used to be into motorcycle touring. About 15 years ago, I was riding from Florida to the UP of Michigan. I was going to stop at Mackinaw Island and enjoy some time there. I left Florida in late August with a 98 degree temperature. Got to Toledo Ohio (just before crossing into Michigan) and the temp was 58 degrees. Got to just south of Flint Michigan and the temp had dropped to 32 degrees and it was sleeting. Freak cold snap in August. I was riding with my 4 way flashers on about 20 mph on I-75 in heavy sleet and people passing me were looking at me like "What's this NUT doing on a motorcycle in THIS weather?" I mean, come on, it's freaking AUGUST people.

Anyway, I had to pull off the road and I holed-up in Frankenmuth, Michigan for a week. The UP was having Ice and snow showers and temps were around freezing. I finally turned around and headed south. Darn shame, but that's the breaks you get going that far north. Still, it should have been lovely there, no near freezing. I just caught a freakish cold front. A week later it was 75 degrees. I got to know Frankenmuth really well in that extended stay. Dined on those family style chicken dinners at Zenders and Bavarian pastries for a week and put on about 10 lbs.
Wild story! That is very unusual in August, even for upper Michigan. We didn't go past Holland this trip and I'm glad we didn't. The weather was almost as miserable here when we got back. The Great Lakes region is not quite Hawaii when it comes to weather. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom