Today's JAZZ playlist

Speaking of Baseball, I just checked U-Verse and the Fox Sports channels (about 10 of them) are showing a ton of COLLEGE Baseball. So while I'm listening to Jazz, I'll watch COLLEGE Baseball until 2 PM Eastern.

At 2 PM MLB Network is broadcasting the Giants at the Cubs from Wrigley Field. I'll definitely have that on while listening to Jazz.

Speaking of Baseball, I just checked U-Verse and the Fox Sports channels (about 10 of them) are showing a ton of COLLEGE Baseball. I never watched it so while I'm listening to Jazz, I'll watch COLLEGE Baseball until 2 PM Eastern.

At 2 PM MLB Network is broadcasting the Giants at the Cubs from Wrigley Field. I'll definitely have that on while listening to Jazz.
Perhaps a little Cal Tjader - San Francisco Moods, and Cliff Jordan/John Gilmore - Blowing In From Chicago?

Speaking of college ball makes me think of the day way back when my room mate and I watched a crazy amount of different levels. MLB, college, little league world series(?) on TV, and then we went down to the park(The Phone Booth as they used to call it because the phone compnay sponsored it) to watch a AAA game.

I'm sitting here thinking "What Jazz for Baseball" and then I remembered I got a SEALED Ken Griffin's Greatest Hits for Record Store Day that I have not opened.
Baseball ORGAN like you'd hear at the park with a Jazz-ish Hawaiian twist.

IMG_20180525_115530.jpg

The Tour de France is my Super Bowl. I'm into endurance sports big time. That's the most grueling endurance sport on the planet. I haven't missed a TDF broadcast since "Outdoor Life Network" started broadcasting it around 2003. The last 15 years of broadcast have seen significant changes in the sport as well as the coverage. I remember the first few years, the helicopter camera coverage and motorcycle camera coverage were lean and choppy. You lost signal more than you saw it. The last few years have seen a dramatic improvement with helicopter and motorcycle camera coverage. Technology has really improved recently.

The best seat in the house now is television for that sporting venue, by far. Trust the man who knows. You don't want to be fighting traffic and crowds on the Tour just to get a glimpse of the riders for 1 minute as they speed past you on the flats or downhill. The mountain stages are a bit better since they are climbing, slow and spread out. But still, you may only see them for 1/2 an hour after camping out all night and part of the day. Then you have to fight huge crowds and traffic trying to get to the next location or to your hotel.

No wonder those fans are do intense on the climbs. Hours of anticipation and maybe some wine, too. Guess my dream vacation won't be TDF.

Perhaps a little Cal Tjader - San Francisco Moods, and Cliff Jordan/John Gilmore - Blowing In From Chicago?

Speaking of college ball makes me think of the day way back when my room mate and I watched a crazy amount of different levels. MLB, college, little league world series(?) on TV, and then we went down to the park(The Phone Booth as they used to call it because the phone compnay sponsored it) to watch a AAA game.

I LOVE IT! I'll do some Cal Tjader at 2 PM with the game. Thanks!

Last edited:
No wonder those fans are do intense on the climbs. Hours of anticipation and maybe some wine, too. Guess my dream vacation won't be TDF.

OH NO NO NO! Going to see the TDF is not a relaxing vacation by ANY stretch of the imagination, UNLESS you are insanely wealthy and can afford to helicopter-drop yourself along the route. France is on their annual HOLIDAY period during this time, so the service industry is running on fumes with 30 percent staff at best. Restaurant and hotel service is in SLOW MOTION. Just what you need when you are tired and cranky from dealing with crowds and traffic for 15 hours. And you have most of the country taking those two weeks off as well. The roads are NUTS and the crowds are INSANE. But if that's your thing, then go for it.

Well I'm finally caught up reading this thread and listening to the great tunes posted here. Just in time for memorial day weekend, my kind of weather here in CT. I finally am going to comment on Kris M's avatar of Gordie Howe in a Hartford Whaler's jersey. One of only a few PRO sports points of pride we here in CT can point to. Must be a story behind that. Not Chris Howe ?

View attachment 1195995
Music Choice Jazz.

Could not constrain self. Another ADS speaker, garage sale today.

Awesome photo. Is that Cliff? Nice grab on the new speaker. Congrats.

We have Music Choice in Hawaii on Oceanic Cable (division of Time Warner).

In Florida, I have U-Verse so they took off Music Choice a few years ago and put on Stingray Music (joint venture with a Canadian Company and Microsoft).
I posted this a while back. I love Stingray, but I miss Music Choice when I'm not in Hawaii. But I have the App on my iPhone. Both Stingray and Music Choice are good. They are just "Different".

Back
Top Bottom