Today's JAZZ playlist

I've seen this album around, but I do not think I've actually listened to it. I've probably heard bits and pieces here and there. When I was in college, every Jazz guy had Sanborn's "Hideaway" album. At the time, the new "smoother" Jazz was cool.

I have Hideaway, its still great! :)

I got into Bob James a good while back, his "Obsession" and "One on One" are really good too.

"Restless" is also a good one, but tends to be a little slow for me. I need to be in the mood to give it a go.

I don't see much of Bob James on the site, good to see another fan. :)

I need to start posing in the Jazz thread more often.

Kind Regards,
John

Tractor trailer accident on highway, all 4 lanes blocked, so I'll be sitting here for a LOOOOONG time tonight. Might as well get comfy with Sirus XM "Real Jazz" and my Chromebook complements of personal Hotspot internet.

Currently:

41myjzmMfFL._SS500.jpg

Good grief would I have a blast in that room!

You know when your 2,3,4,5 year old kid doesn't want to leave a get together, because they're immersed in some other kid's toys? And then they pitch a fit, and you have to drag them out of there?
That would be me if I was at a party at his joint. Chair jammed up against the door, and me whining, "BUT I DON"T WAAAAAAAH-NAAAAH GO HOME!".

Jeez, Billy.
You need to get yer arse back to the island! Or buy a helicopter.

Accident happened moments before I got here. I'm only 5 or 10 cars back. By now, traffic must be backed up 20 miles. The highway is totally blocked. Nothing to do. No way to go around or get to an off-ramp. Concrete barricades between north and southbound lanes so can't pull a U-turn. Luckily, plenty of charge on my Chromebook. Plenty of gas. Emergency large jar for getting rid of fluids. Some snacks and plenty of water. I'm good for four or six hours.

But YES. This is totally NUTS. Hawaii may be bad traffic, but you don't sit not moving for hours on end.

Bitch is, I'm only about 10 miles from home. Talk about total suckage!

Glad it was OK. Home ownership comes with a price. We all know that. Not just purchase price, but upkeep and renovations and taxes and.... other things.

I like CJRT if I'm going to sleep as they seem to play more mellow stuff than WUCF. If I had to stay up like you, I'd probably scratch around for a station out of Europe, like London, where you have a live DJ talking about the songs. They would be about six hours ahead of you, so at 2 AM they would be actively gabbing about the Jazz they are playing at 8 AM their time. That would help me stay awake.

I've tried a few.

JAZZ FM LONDON

JAZZ LONDON RADIO

Hopefully you won't need these!

I did notice WUCF got a little wild for early 2-5am morning at times.
London too. Great problem to have to choose between so many stations.

I did notice WUCF got a little wild for early 2-5am morning at times.
London too. Great problem to have to choose between so many stations.

Yes. To each their own, but when I trying to SLEEP to Jazz, I can't do WUCF in the wee hours. But in defense of them, there are a ton of people that work third shift and need that to keep going. CJRT is way more mellow between midnight and 6 AM.

I'd not be able to stay awake, however, staring at a floor with no DJs talking at me. Music alone and by about 3 AM no matter how lively the Jazz I would probably fall asleep. Listening to a DJ talk about the music tends to keep me awake. Others it may put to sleep.

OK, still no movement here, but they are trying to untangle the tractor trailers. Perhaps we'll be moving in 30 minutes or so.

Meanwhile;

Benny Goodman - The complete 1938 Carnegie Hall concert - Remastered 2014

5191G7PH%2B%2BL._SS500.jpg

Love Gene Krupa on the drums on this one.... But he could have used a little more COWBELL.

Last edited:
View attachment 1216202
Brad Mehldau
Dear Prudance
Largo

Every time I see that Music Choice Screen I want to get on a plane for Hawaii. And after today, 2 1/2 hours sitting on a highway in Florida, I really have had it with mainland driving.

I'd love to get the Music Choice App on my Phone. You need a password for your cable provider, and SWMBO (who takes care of the cable in Hawaii) I'm SURE will not know what she set it up as. So it's not worth the effort. I'll just have to live with Stingray via U-Verse until I kiss Hawaiian soil again in November.

View attachment 1215696
Joining you for a while, Cliff and I. We are on Flood Monitoring duty for a while overnight.
We had 4" rain in few hours. Been dealing with backwater valve, seepage past. Fortunately, Engineering we did after last years floods has worked, so far!! Got stuff off basement floor incase.

I'll be listening on phone, to WUCF or other if still on air over night. WUCF is broadcastingin we hours.

Nice to hear the engineering is working. I hope things stay that way for you. That can't be pleasant at all.

Edit : After getting caught up I see you got through it ok. Good to hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom