Today's JAZZ playlist

Well, sitting here waiting for my 10:00 to show. If no show by 11 I'm headed home, Home by noon. Then it's Jazz, reading and a celebratory drink this afternoon for making it through another horrific week.

In the car with Sirius XM "Real Jazz". It's just too easy to turn on the car radio and press preset button 1 (my Real Jazz channel button).

Currently Eddie Harris and Les McCann - Samia

71A2pH8IcdL._SX425_.jpg

I realized by my previous posts that I'm still entrenched in the English measurement system. In grade school, they taught us the metric system and our teachers told us we had to learn it because the US was going to join the rest of the world and start using metric instead of Imperial. Yeah, right.

Well, from now on, I'm going Metric. No more degrees F. No more Miles and Yards and Feet and inches. No more pints and quarts and gallons. It's all Metric from now on. I believed my teachers. They are always correct, right? :)

25 C here at present and I'm about 30 meters from the meeting point. 20 Km from home. :D

I will probably have to stop for 25 liters of gas on the way home.

I can hear it now when I'm pulled over for speeding. Officer, I was only doing 109.435 Kph. The sign says the speed limit is 112.654 Kph. As you can plainly see, I was well under the posted limit. Your calibration must be off on your radar unit. Have you had it converted to metric yet?

Last edited:
A friend who moved from Illinois to Colorado, says he prefers out West grass fed beef over corn fed from this corn country. Nothing like good steak.
I live in (Canuck) cattle country, and most people here will say that they prefer grass fed.

Yeah, nothing like a good steak.
Back when my clock flipped past 40 a few years ago I splurged on a new grill. It's got an infrared burner that gets up to some goofy temp like 1600F. Great for steaks.

A couple of months ago my daughter had an outing with some family friends, and it also happened to be the 11th(?) birthday for one of them. We decided to just host his party at our house, and leading up to it we asked him what he'd like to eat.
After a long exhale, "Well.....................I like me some steak". :rflmao:

I live in (Canuck) cattle country, and most people here will say that they prefer grass fed.

Yeah, nothing like a good steak.
Back when my clock flipped past 40 a few years ago I splurged on a new grill. It's got an infrared burner that gets up to some goofy temp like 1600F. Great for steaks.

A couple of months ago my daughter had an outing with some family friends, and it also happened to be the 11th(?) birthday for one of them. We decided to just host his party at our house, and leading up to it we asked him what he'd like to eat.
After a long exhale, "Well.....................I like me some steak". :rflmao:

Seriously? Good grief. You could fuse metal at that temperature. :)

Well, sitting here waiting for my 10:00 to show. If no show by 11 I'm headed home, Home by noon. Then it's Jazz, reading and a celebratory drink this afternoon for making it through another horrific week.

In the car with Sirius XM "Real Jazz". It's just too easy to turn on the car radio and press preset button 1 (my Real Jazz channel button).

Currently Eddie Harris and Les McCann - Samia

71A2pH8IcdL._SX425_.jpg
Home by noon on a Friday? Scroe!

I've said it before, but one of life's small pleasures as a stay at home dad a few years back was Friday afternoon on the patio.
3pm or so would roll around, and you could here the traffic, and the sirens pick up. The police helicopter would usually show up at some point.
Me? My feet would be up, and my kid would be rambling around the yard, riding her trike, or digging in the garden. I'd be nowhere near that Friday afternoon commuting bs.

Seriously? Good grief. You could fuse metal at that temperature. :)
Yeah.

https://www.napoleongrills.com/blog/articles/id/2025/modern-cooking-on-a-grill-infrared-technology

I wasn't planning on getting it, but the dominoes fell that way.
I was doing a spring cleanup on my old grill before the 40th party, and it became obvious that it was time for a new one. "Hey honey. Remember when you said you weren't sure what to get me? I'm going to BBQ Country to buy a new grill for you to give me.":rflmao:
I had no idea about the infrared thing going in, but there was no way I was leaving that joint without that option.

I realized by my previous posts that I'm still entrenched in the English measurement system. In grade school, they taught us the metric system and our teachers told us we had to learn it because the US was going to join the rest of the world and start using metric instead of Imperial. Yeah, right.

Well, from now on, I'm going Metric. No more degrees F. No more Miles and Yards and Feet and inches. No more pints and quarts and gallons. It's all Metric from now on. I believed my teachers. They are always correct, right? :)

25 C here at present and I'm about 30 meters from the meeting point. 20 Km from home. :D

I will probably have to stop for 25 liters of gas on the way home.

I can hear it now when I'm pulled over for speeding. Officer, I was only doing 109.435 Kph. The sign says the speed limit is 112.654 Kph. As you can plainly see, I was well under the posted limit. Your calibration must be off on your radar unit. Have you had it converted to metric yet?

My Dad was a Tool & Die Maker. He said in the 60's if threatened metric conversion happens, he was going to quit.
Machinists worked with machines with analog inch dials then and often still do. They visualized in inches. Some drawings in metric required conversions back and forth with rounding off, creating extra error. Pita.

My Dad was a Tool & Die Maker. He said in the 60's if threatened metric conversion happens, he was going to quit.
Machinists worked with machines with analog inch dials then and often still do. They visualized in inches. Some drawings in metric required conversions back and forth with rounding off, creating extra error. Pita.
I was born in the early 70s, and I'm a complete mess when it comes to this stuff. I was taught Metric, but had parents who knew Imperial.
Some I know Metric, some I know Imperial.
Temps, speed, distance, liquids? Metric. Except for the pint thing, heh heh.
Measuring? Imperial all day long. I was taught metric and it makes sense, but on a jobsite I just cannot get with it. Visualizing in inches makes way more sense to me.

One of my biggest first world pet peeves are tape measures that have both Metric and Imperial on them. You know what they are good for? Keeping in the toolbox or glove box of the truck as a backup, or clocking the person upside the head who invented them.

Home by noon on a Friday? Scroe!

I've said it before, but one of life's small pleasures as a stay at home dad a few years back was Friday afternoon on the patio.
3pm or so would roll around, and you could here the traffic, and the sirens pick up. The police helicopter would usually show up at some point.
Me? My feet would be up, and my kid would be rambling around the yard, riding her trike, or digging in the garden. I'd be nowhere near that Friday afternoon commuting bs.

YessireeBOB. I'm home. I'm ON THE PATIO (AKA Fishing Cabin) and I do have my feet up as a matter of fact. Sipping a celebratory Hawaiian Breeze. El cheapo Vodka as usual, but it does the trick. Friday after 1 PM is insane here. Most places. People just can't wait to get home for the weekend and they will run over you to get there. I don't work Monday mornings, nor Friday afternoons. But I work like a dog in between. And some weekends as you know.
Time to kick back, relax and do as nature intended. Be a HUMAN again. :) Leisure time. Harooot!
Now;

STRAYHORN AND HODGES! - Juice-A-Plenty. I've been saving this one all week. Time to enjoy.

61NOXxaGcDL._SX425_.jpg

Yeh, that must be some Hi-temperature steel alloys or one of those ceramics egg cookers. Saw them on "How Its Made" tv show.

edit: Isee, infrared! Not going to tell my wife about that.

Seriously, I took some Blacksmithing courses years ago as a hobby, and you can fuse metal at 1500 plus degrees. Heat the two pieces of metal to that temperature, put them together and hammer away at them. It's how they welded 200 years ago. That's some freaking HIGH temperature!

I was born in the early 70s, and I'm a complete mess when it comes to this stuff. I was taught Metric, but had parents who knew Imperial.
Some I know Metric, some I know Imperial.
Temps, speed, distance, liquids? Metric. Except for the pint thing, heh heh.
Measuring? Imperial all day long. I was taught metric and it makes sense, but on a jobsite I just cannot get with it. Visualizing in inches makes way more sense to me.

One of my biggest first world pet peeves are tape measures that have both Metric and Imperial on them. You know what they are good for? Keeping in the toolbox or glove box of the truck as a backup, or clocking the person upside the head who invented them.

It was a BIG freaking deal when I was in grade school. I remember I had to take a paper home and have my parents sign it so they understood that their children were going to be FORCED to learn Metric. The way of the future of the rest of the world - so the sheet of paper said. Never happened here in the US. We're too entrenched in Imperial. And probably won't happen in my lifetime. But I am glad I learned it because when I lived in France, it sure came in handy.

I understand. MOST of our factories and craftsman still use Imperial. Some have converted to metric, especially those that manufacture goods sold in Europe or South America or China or Russia or the Middle East or .... well, anywhere BUT the US. :)

Yeah.

https://www.napoleongrills.com/blog/articles/id/2025/modern-cooking-on-a-grill-infrared-technology

I wasn't planning on getting it, but the dominoes fell that way.
I was doing a spring cleanup on my old grill before the 40th party, and it became obvious that it was time for a new one. "Hey honey. Remember when you said you weren't sure what to get me? I'm going to BBQ Country to buy a new grill for you to give me.":rflmao:
I had no idea about the infrared thing going in, but there was no way I was leaving that joint without that option.

Wow, Kris. That thing is a rocket ship. Congrats!

YessireeBOB. I'm home. I'm ON THE PATIO (AKA Fishing Cabin) and I do have my feet up as a matter of fact. Sipping a celebratory Hawaiian Breeze. El cheapo Vodka as usual, but it does the trick. Friday after 1 PM is insane here. Most places. People just can't wait to get home for the weekend and they will run over you to get there. I don't work Monday mornings, nor Friday afternoons. But I work like a dog in between. And some weekends as you know.
Time to kick back, relax and do as nature intended. Be a HUMAN again. :) Leisure time. Harooot!
Now;

STRAYHORN AND HODGES! - Juice-A-Plenty. I've been saving this one all week. Time to enjoy.

61NOXxaGcDL._SX425_.jpg
Well done!
I actually need to head out to the school in an hour and a bit. Breaking my 'get home as fast as possible on Friday' rule, but I'll be putting in some time now to cut back on the 1st week of July classroom cleanup bs.
I was thinking of walking over, but there's a thunderstorm rolling in. I'll zip over in 'Hodges' the Jeep.

I noticed an article on my phone the other day that mentioned that Toronto is the worst city in North America for commuters. I was going to give you the gears about your commutes, and then I noticed that Miami was #2. :D

Is that Strayhorn/Hodges this one? If so, it's a gem. Got my copy from the epl a few years back.

Yeh, that must be some Hi-temperature steel alloys or one of those ceramics egg cookers. Saw them on "How Its Made" tv show.

edit: Isee, infrared! Not going to tell my wife about that.

Seriously, I took some Blacksmithing courses years ago as a hobby, and you can fuse metal at 1500 plus degrees. Heat the two pieces of metal to that temperature, put them together and hammer away at them. It's how they welded 200 years ago. That's some freaking HIGH temperature!

Wow, Kris. That thing is a rocket ship. Congrats!

Call me crazy, but that sounds like a dare/hold my beer moment!

DIh616N.gif

Back
Top Bottom