Today's JAZZ playlist

Going to re-listen to my volumes I and II of the great Montreux Summit sets.

First up, 1 of course

IMG_20180428_132148.jpg

I realized by my previous posts that I'm still entrenched in the English measurement system. In grade school, they taught us the metric system and our teachers told us we had to learn it because the US was going to join the rest of the world and start using metric instead of Imperial. Yeah, right.

Well, from now on, I'm going Metric. No more degrees F. No more Miles and Yards and Feet and inches. No more pints and quarts and gallons. It's all Metric from now on. I believed my teachers. They are always correct, right? :)

25 C here at present and I'm about 30 meters from the meeting point. 20 Km from home. :D

I will probably have to stop for 25 liters of gas on the way home.

I can hear it now when I'm pulled over for speeding. Officer, I was only doing 109.435 Kph. The sign says the speed limit is 112.654 Kph. As you can plainly see, I was well under the posted limit. Your calibration must be off on your radar unit. Have you had it converted to metric yet?

I haven't converted, however I convert on dollars to pounds to Euros and temperature all the time. Travel does the trick.

YessireeBOB. I'm home. I'm ON THE PATIO (AKA Fishing Cabin) and I do have my feet up as a matter of fact. Sipping a celebratory Hawaiian Breeze. El cheapo Vodka as usual, but it does the trick. Friday after 1 PM is insane here. Most places. People just can't wait to get home for the weekend and they will run over you to get there. I don't work Monday mornings, nor Friday afternoons. But I work like a dog in between. And some weekends as you know.
Time to kick back, relax and do as nature intended. Be a HUMAN again. :) Leisure time. Harooot!
Now;

STRAYHORN AND HODGES! - Juice-A-Plenty. I've been saving this one all week. Time to enjoy.

61NOXxaGcDL._SX425_.jpg

Brilliant choice to kick off the weekend.

I haven't converted, however I convert on dollars to pounds to Euros and temperature all the time. Travel does the trick.

I lived in Paris for a few years in my early 20s. That really pushed me toward metric. But also, in my racing business, it's all metric. I used to go to London and Paris all the time, so I converted to British Pounds and Euros constantly. In my safe, I still have probably 100 Pounds Sterling and 100 Euros. I'll use it eventually. Haven't been to London/Paris in a while. I'm not that excited about it any longer I've been so often. Quite honestly, the most exciting part to me is the Eurostar first class train ride under the English Channel. Sad but true. I spend the extra 50 Quid and pop for first class. It's definitely worth it IMO.

SWMBO is the world traveler. She's always on an airplane. She just got back from Greece. I think she's headed to Milan, Italy next week. She was in Istanbul a few months ago. I don't enjoy travel as much as I used to. I traveled extensively for 20 years in business. Kind of burned me out. Honesty, if I never had to get on a commercial airliner or deal with TSA ever again, it wouldn't break my heart, believe me. But I promised SWMBO I'd go with her to London and Paris this Fall, and I have to meet up with her in New York City later this year. Then of course, I have to get back to Hawaii. That's one heck of a boat ride, so flying is the only option.

If any of you gents have Amazon Prime, you should check out an Original series made for Amazon, "Goliath" with Billy Bob Thornton. This premiered last year and I binged watched all episodes. Season 2 just premiered on Amazon. It's free to stream for all Prime members. Thornton plays a drunk washed up former high level lawyer that gets a serious law suit thrown in his lap that he has to pursue. I'm not much of a TV guy, nor really a fan of Thornton, but damn, this is a GREAT series. Amazon is amazing. Their made for Prime movies and series have been excellent.

LINK

p13232843_b_v8_ac.jpg

View attachment 1218077
WUCF Orlando for while.

My town has almost topped all time wetest June already. Rains stopped and sump cycle is down to every 5 minutes. Stereo setup again. Should get a beer!

Wow. Sump DOWN to 5 minute cycle. That's amazing. To most a 5 minute cycle itself would be considered very high. You guys must have been deluged by rain.

I had some water in my basement but it's the Air Conditioning drain. I have to vacuum the drain hose out once every six months or it forms slime an clogs from the slow trickle. Forgot to do that a few months ago. Carpeting soaked near the Furnace/AC unit. Luckily I caught it before the water got to my basement furniture, workout gear or stereo equipment.

My water main coming in from the street is broken. I still have water, but I also have water in the yard, so it's a leaking water main. City says it's MY problem because it's past the city shut off valve. $2,500 bill to have it repaired. This will be the 2nd time I've repaired it since I have owned the home. And I also need a new roof this year. Another $8,500. Sometimes I am not crazy about home ownership. The condo in Hawaii is easy. A couple of hundred a month and they take care of EVERYTHING outside. Roof, sidewalk, stairs, gutters, water, sewer. mowing, driveway, you name it.

PS, joining you with WUCF. Slept to it last night. But I was so tired I could have slept to Acid Rock.

Last edited:
View attachment 1218077
WUCF Orlando for while.

My town has almost topped all time wetest June already. Rains stopped and sump cycle is down to every 5 minutes. Stereo setup again. Should get a beer!
Should?!!!!!!
Son, it's beer-thirty..............:rflmao:

Just got back from the school, and my playlist includes a couple that I gave a spin to while there.
Long story short, it's the end of the year and it's time to scramble and get shit put away. I had another free day today, so I got voluntold to help out.
While the kids were at drama class and recess I fired up my wife's classroom computer and listened to the first half of Curtis Fuller - The Opener, and then went for Louis Armstrong Plays WC Handy. When they came back to class I heard a few of them asking what it was, and then others telling them it was jazz(after I told a couple of them).
One actually came up to me with her head bobbing and said, "I REALLY like this music!"
One of those put a big old smile on your face moments.

I'm in the mood for some reggae, but after that I'm going to listen to the rest of that Satch/Handy album. Or just start it from the beginning.

IMG_20180622_163234.jpg
Received Clark Terry
Duke with a Differance today.
Also, ordered Seven Classic Albums, 4CD's:
Duke... 1957
Serenade to a Bus Seat 1957
In Orbit with T. Monk 1958
Out on a Limb 1958
Color Changes 1960
Everythings Mellow 1961
All American 1962
Hearing Serenade.. now, on disc 1.
Terry made what seems to me a lot of albums over that time.
The Duke.. album was recommended to me on this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom