Today's JAZZ playlist

I hear you. SWMBO is going to Tokyo in a few months. Solo. I posted this earlier, but again, I am burnt out flying around the globe. I don't enjoy travel like i used to. But world travel is SWMBO's hobby. It's what she does instead of golf. I told her she has to bring me back some Japanese Jazz albums, and a bottle of Yamazaki 12 year old Scotch.

Another MASH line I loved;

A visiting General to Henry Blake: "That's 12 year old Scotch. It goes down real smooth."

Henry Blake: "Well at THAT age, it should know the way!" :)
That's a great bottle. Funny thing is back in 2009-2010 you could get a bottle of that for less than 50.00 at BevMo. Now your looking at 99.00 or higher. Independent sellers are asking upwards of 150.00 now. I would like to think it's cheaper and more common in Japan. In the US it get's one release a year due to such high demand. My local BevMo got 6 bottles this year and all of it was gone in less than a week. 3 where sold on the first day it came in according the lady helping me. She couldn't believe it.

Yeah, what a round and beautiful baritone, he had. Is mellifluous an apt adjective here? Bing has got his own thing altogether. For me, he might not get to me the way Frank does, but he gets his points across. When you hear him sing "I'll Be Home For Christmas", for example. I think you know what I mean.

I sure do know what you mean.

I remember in that documentary, they said that at his height during the "Kraft Music Hall Radio Show" days that he was singing to 50 million people a week via the radio. Yikes. Talk about popular. Back then? That was mega popular.

That's a great bottle. Funny thing is back in 2009-2010 you could get a bottle of that for less than 50.00 at BevMo. Now your looking at 99.00 or higher. Independent sellers are asking upwards of 150.00 now. I would like to think it's cheaper and more common in Japan. In the US it get's one release a year due to such high demand. My local BevMo got 6 bottles this year and all of it was gone in less than a week. 3 where sold on the first day it came in according the lady helping me. She couldn't believe it.

Yeah, SWMBO owes me that. She spends a fortune traveling the globe while I slave away. :) In fairness, she works hard too. But I can't spend money on travel the way she does. So as long as she's in Tokyo, those are my requirements. Scotch and Jazz.

She has never been to Tokyo. I think she's in for a shock. Crowded beyond belief. Expensive beyond belief. Yet strangely alluring and beautiful.

DN8iQiG.jpg

Mornin' jazz cats! :D

relaxed%20cat_zpskbq3phwk.jpg

IMG_8414_zpsxwb6jnsu.jpg

Cheers!

Henry Mancini
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" music from the motion picture
-RCA- (Speakers Corner)

IMG_6433_zpswcuyvxje.jpg

G'Morning my good man. That cup of Java looks very custom and engineered. Not your average cup of joe. Makes me want to fire up the specialty coffee machine. But I'm lazy, so I just use a Moka Pot for Espresso every morning, that I make into a Latte.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom