Today's JAZZ playlist

Jazz Revisited with Hazen Shumacher is featuring Billie Holiday with Teddy Wilson on today's show. So awesome. 1930s Jazz at its finest. My grandparents must have LOVED when this music came out.

I miss "Jazz Revisited" and am glad that "Jazz on the Beach" with Jack Simpson encapsulates that show within his show on Saturdays on WUCF.

Just saw this Kris.

These are the ones I use. I recommended them to @Old Guy8 and he really likes them too. What's not to like? Under 10 bucks and incredible sound.

A similar pair HERE with Prime shipping and even LESS expensive.

I listed both for you because I'm not sure if both will be available in Canada. They are just about equal. The models are super close in price and performance.

I also have These with mic so I can take and make calls if I want.

You just can't beat Panasonic Earbuds (IMO) for price VS performance. They sound amazing. And they are cheap. Lose a pair or break a pair? No biggie. I've got a few other pairs laying around.

Finally, if for some reason you prefer a flat cord, I also have THESE. I've had this pair for about 5 years and it's never failed me. They are different from the models linked above, but also get stellar reviews and sound amazing. Similarly priced.
Cool, thanks!
I’ll add a pair to my next amazon order that needs a top up for free shipping.

28103087547_38b2f843c7_o.jpg

Alexandria the Great

Lorez Alexandria

1964 / 1980 MCA / impulse! MCA-29000

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Nice finds. I'm not that fussy about covers. If the vinyl is half way decent - meaning I can clean it up so it plays reasonably well - I'm happy.

SWMBO is a book hound. She'll seek out bookstores for book hunting when she travels because it's her hobby. She won't go with me to record stores, but at least she understands why I seek them out and and do music hunting. I'll go to some of her bookstores, however. Like Shakespeare's in Paris. I've found some great Jazz books there.

We were in Soho in London last Christmas and while I was wading through a vinyl record store my wife and daughter decided to browse elsewhere. The saw the word "bookstore ", in they went and out they left, not a bookstore for browsing.

Every once in a while I find something worth buying at our 3 hour per week thrift store near our cabin.

View attachment 1218886

Nice when you find local stuff, Monty. Enjoy. I'm in my "cabin" so to speak. I have my patio fixed up to look like a hunting and fishing lodge. If I blindfolded you and put you out here then removed the blindfold, you'd think you were somewhere in the north country at a hunting/fishing lodge. I have two walls of windows with blinds that I keep closed. I need to keep the heat out and I want to keep the illusion that I'm somewhere in the Yukon on a fly fishing expedition. Palm trees outside the window would kill that illusion quickly.

You guys just need to get one of these - cleaning becomes quick and easy! Seriously, the “drudgery” is no more. No setup, no cleanup, it’s always ready to go, with only minimal maintenance. Clean and play.

Your Jazz LP listening will be enhanced.

View attachment 1218666

DC,
That looks like a nice unit. I keep trying to simplify/speedup my cleaning. Your unit isn't in my budget. I saw many machines at Axpona Audio Show in Chicago, last couple years. Think the ultrasonic systems cavitation might get to where diamond meets vinyl. Don't know what systems are easiest or work best. Also well outside of my budget.
There was Chicago area company where you ship records for cleaning in special cases. They clean for $5/each and return to you in same case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom