Today's JAZZ playlist

All throughout today I plan on reading and finishing this;

Dark Mangus - Miles Davis Jekyll and Hyde Life
Got a head start of my new hardcover by reading about 2 chapters electronically on Kindle. Good book so far and Gregory has no ax to grind. I have to say it's well thought out. The forward by Clark Terry is also very thoughtful.

No ax to grind? You must not ever got to the end yet. It's been awhile since I read it, but I seem to remember he was bitter about how things were sorted (inheritance, copyrights, etc...) and went after friends and family (siding only with his sister).

No ax to grind? You must not ever got to the end yet. It's been awhile since I read it, but I seem to remember he was bitter about how things were sorted (inheritance, copyrights, etc...) and went after friends and family (siding only with his sister).

The beginning is mild. He even mentions he has no agenda in writing the book. Only about 1/3 through it. I'm sure he was upset about some things. So far, very enjoyable. The Clark Terry prelude really set a mellow tone for me in reading... so far. We'll see how the other 2/3rd of the book develops.

R-785492-1250148719.jpeg.jpg

Gerald Wilson Orchestra
Detroit

Recorded (Los Angeles and New York) 2009
Released (Mack Avenue CD) 2009

Gerald Wilson (arranger, conductor);

Recorded in Los Angeles:
Jeff Kaye, Rick Baptist, Winston Bird, Ron Barrows (trumpets);
Eric Jorgensen, Les Benedict, Mike Wimberly, Shunt Palmer (trombones);
Carl Randall, Kamasi Washington, Jackie Kelso, Louis Van Taylor, Randall Willis, Terry Laudry (reeds);
Brian O' Rourke (piano); Trey Henry (bass); Mell Lee (drums);
Special guests: Sean Jones (trumpet, flugelhorn); Anthony Wilson (guitar)

Recorded in New York:
Jon Faddis, Frank Greene, Sean Jones, Jimmy Owens, Terrell Stafford (trumpets);
Dennis Wilson, Luis Bonilla, Jay Ashby, Douglas Purviance (trombones);
Steve Wilson, Antonio Hart, Ron Blake, Kamasi Washington, Ronnie Cuber (reeds);
Renee Rosnes (piano); Peter Washington (bass); Lewis Nash (drums);
Anthony Wilson (guitar); Special guest: Hubert Laws (flute)

51kLOOflF0L.jpg

I daresay this album is a must have. I "found" it on my front steps just yesterday.

John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once by Buhduh, on Flickr

Nice Monty. Amazon really jerked me around with this one. Ordered it weeks ago on pre-order. Slated for delivery on Friday. Got shipping notice, Friday delivery. Friday afternoon got an email "Delayed Delivery to Thursday July 5th". Then this morning another email that delivery is slated for Tomorrow (Sunday). Yikes. Never saw Amazon so squirrely. I also ordered the Deluxe CD due for delivery Tuesday. Unless Amazon jerks me around on that as well.

Arclight, did you make the plinth for that Rega-ish table or is it a re-veneered Rega? I've got a project going and might like a template if you have it.
The table is actually a Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic. They have a series of finishes. Mine is the olive finish. They also have a mahogany and white finish available.

Sorry I couldn't help with the project.

Back
Top Bottom